Monday, December 19, 2011

Cleaning and Clearing, Bit by Bit

I've been pegging away at the cleaning and clearing project of my home, but it's been a bit up and down, backward and forward...Here are some shots of one area in my little home:


This area is the space between the "dining" area and the "living room" which, as you can see is taken up by my clothing rack that I use to dry most of clothes and my bicycle that, sadly, has not been used for some time...and you can also see my dining room table that is used for collage and painting since the kitchen sink is just a few steps away. I'll share some pictures of the dining room table soon, if you can stand the horror! ;)


The stacks and piles were actually bigger before I took these shots, so this is not a proper "before" shot, but it's still quite a mess with piles of boxes, bins and books which are sitting under my collapsible clothing rack for drying my clothes. (As someone who works with fabrics a lot, I can tell you that nothing will fade the color of your garments more than heat from the dryer...or BLEACH!)

I usually collapse it down between washings but it's been left up for awhile now as I seem to continually be washing clothing or fabrics. The batch of t-shirts you see facing forward are going to be used for another t-shirt dress, eventually...


You can see that the pile did get smaller in the shot above but that did not last for very long as I managed to arrange a meeting with a nice lady who owns this wonderfully fabulous vintage shop, Hide and Seek LA. It is a charming store that sells lots of lovely vintage and I hoped to sell off as many of my grandmother's things as possible. I didn't sell as much as I'd hoped, but I did make a few helpful dollars to use for a gift for my dear boyfriend for the holidays =-)

And I did clear out a box or two, so now the area now looks like this:


As I continue to clean and clear all the accumulated stuff from my home, I get ideas of how I want to move things around and the big idea swimming in my head lately is to get rid of the tired old love seat I've had for several years. I don't have a picture of it just now, but I'll be sure to take one soon to share with you all.

You might be asking what would replace the love seat. Nothing! I really like the idea of having cozy comfy chairs in the living area, such as my comfy chair that I sit in while having sessions with my wonderful Life Coach, Pete...

This was a thrift shop find - I made the burgundy slip cover to hide the boring upholstery it was covered in!

I'm not sure how I'll acquire a few more cozy comfy chairs for my humble abode, but I'm hoping that all the cleaning and clearing will pave the way to make room for better things in my life...like greater financial abundance! I'll be sure to keep you posted as I continue my cleaning and clearing project, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

Eddie Bluelights said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas, Monica and lots of 'creation' for the New Year ~ Hugs ~ Eddie

humel said...

Good for you! :) You're inspiring me to get back on with Project Declutter...

Merry Christmas to you, my dear! xx

Kathryn Hansen said...

i'll be doing my own clearing after Christmas...so just know that you are not alone!!

i love your yellow bike!! i need to get one of those...i left mine in WI.

Merry Christmas Monica!!

humel said...

PS We received such a lovely package from you today - thank you so much! In perfect time for Christmas :) I managed to smuggle it upstairs without The Children realising it was for them, they'll be so thrilled. Thank you my dear! And Merry Christmas xx