Monday, November 14, 2011

A Quick Post of Quick Updates

It's been one crazy week preparing for the holiday boutique but I did it and it was quite an experience! I'll share more about it soon...

My table for the holiday boutique focused on selling vintage goods - more about this to come!

In the hustle and bustle of preparing for the boutique, I actually managed to do some 'art' during the week as I attempt to participate in Art Every Day Month. Here are the highlights:

Stitching signatures for some handmade books

Playing with inks and vintage jewelry findings

Making more bottle cap embellishments

And a tiny bit of cleaning was accomplished while preparing for the holiday boutique! For quite some time now, I've had bags of paper scraps lying near my dining table waiting to be tossed into the recycle bin...


Well, I finally cleaned out those bags! I also have a plan to keep the recycling scrap bags smaller so it doesn't get out of hand...


And I'll be cleaning out quite a lot more this week and in the weeks to come. In fact I'm off to donate some goods to a local charity now, after being inspired by this fabulous gal! I love that her encouragement for giving comes before the Thanksgiving holiday that is on the horizon. 

Giving away goods is a great way to realize the abundance that is already in your life and that is always a good feeling =-)

4 comments:

SueAnn said...

The handmade books are fabulous!! Love them!
Hugs
SueAnn

humel said...

You've been busy, my friend! (So have I, which is why I haven't been around and commenting lately... But it's been fun to catch up!) Love your work with Orly; it was even more interesting to me having heard you talk about her :)

Gwynnie B said...

What a creative little busy bee you've been! Love the books, and the pile of trash that will allow for more goodies to come your way :)

xo
Gwynnie

Kathryn Hansen said...

and making room for more good things to come into your life!!!