Friday, October 21, 2011

Tools of My Trade - Drawing-On-The-Go!

I've shared my sketch made while in Ventura, as well as my sketch made at The Huntington Library, not to mention my small retractable pencils that are easy to tuck into a pocket, but I don't necessarily keep that pencil in my pocket while I'm out and about and keeping my eyes open for something to draw...

Here is what my Drawing-On-The-Go Kit looks like:


This kit includes my retractable pencil and a bit of rubber eraser, as well as a small ink pad and a rubber stamp for dating my sketches...


It all fits in a travel soap container which easily fits in my purse, wherever I go!


And since my Big Draw LA sketch book is not very big, it all makes sketching easy to do, wherever I am ...

My sketchbook and drawing tools before the Ventura Pier sketch commenced...

If only all my crafts could be this portable!!

6 comments:

Café Ciza said...

It's an infinite world in the soap container ... my mind wanders ... lovely post!

Kathryn Hansen said...

the beauty of drawing!!!

Kat @ I Saw You Dancing said...

What a fantastic idea!

jan said...

Sounds like a really good idea. Thanks for this. Might be joining you in sketching more often.

Arlene Wanetick said...

Love it. And halve always wanted a better use for plastic travel soap dishes. THANK YOU! :)

The Creative Beast said...

I'm glad to see my "soap box drawing kit" had inspired you all =-)