Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday Shorts - "Music Soothes the Savage Beast*"

I love music...

I love piano...

This particular piece of music for the piano has been in my head lately and I found a lovely rendition of it that I want to share here:


This piece of music is from the soundtrack to the 2005 film version of Pride and Prejudice. I thought it might have been composed by Chopin**, but I learned it's actually an original composition by contemporary Italian composer Dario Marianelli. There is a version on YouTube that is directly from the soundtrack, but I love listening to a real pianist playing and this pianist plays this piece beautifully...

Enjoy =-)


* - I wondered where this quote this came from and found this in my search

** - I listen to classical music often and you begin to learn the styles of certain composers when you hear enough of it =-)

3 comments:

humel said...

Oh yes, I recognise it :) I love piano music too; I love how it can be invigorating or soothing and anything in between!

SueAnn said...

Hauntingly beautiful! I had not heard this...thanks
Hugs
SueAnn

denyse said...

Ohhh..I looooved it!

denyse dar via blogtoberfest
your life is a work of art!
www.denysedar.com