Sunday, October 2, 2011

A Summer of Butterflies...

I've had quite a summer this year and a most enjoyable one...

For those of you new to my blog, I was laid off from what became a terrible work environment and have chosen to take time to heal from that experience. I'm also working toward becoming a self-sustaining, self-employed artist and a part of that is to find my way back to a way of being that encourages amazing opportunities to come my way, as they did when I was a costumer before taking a 'steady job' in office work...And "Amazing Opportunities" is also my "Word of the Year" for 2011 and I've been having some pretty amazing opportunities this summer!

One of them was to meet with a blog buddy that I met in 2009 through Blogtoberfest, Mel from "I Speak Melsh". Another amazing opportunity was to see butterflies on exhibit in Santa Barbara with friends I made at my first Artful Journey Retreat, Diana and Gwynnie. 

I posted a short video of the butterflies in action that I filmed with my little camera, but today I'm sharing some of the pictures that I captured while in the amazing exhibit of beautiful butterflies. I think the pictures can speak for themselves...











Yesterday I went to The Huntington Library with my dear boyfriend to participate in the first event of The Big Draw LA: "A Botanical Collage". We were greeted with lovely butterflies in the parking lot! My dear boyfriend got this beautiful image:


There is quite a lot of mythology around butterflies, but I think I am most fascinated by the process of transformation and I think that may be why I have been surrounded by so many butterflies this summer. It's been a time of transformation for me, and healing.

Tomorrow I'll share the pictures my dear boyfriend shot of me creating my botanical collage at the Huntington Library so stay tuned!

6 comments:

Rowantree Design said...

Love the nature pic, of couse the beautiful butterfly. Yeah! I joined blogtoberfest, one day late and wandering if I blog twice on one day will this make up. Haha

Rowantree Design said...

Love the nature pic, of couse the beautiful butterfly. Yeah! I joined blogtoberfest, one day late and wandering if I blog twice on one day will this make up. Haha

SueAnn said...

What beautiful pics!! They are fascinating creatures for sure.
Can't wait to see the pics of your process. '
Hugs
SueAnn

humel said...

And it was so wonderful to meet up with you! :)

Gorgeous pics - I do love butterflies... xx

Kathryn Hansen said...

what a lovely sign the butterflies keep sending you!! i love that kind of stuff...i get a lot of hummingbird interactions. to me they are messengers of joy!

i hope you don't mind but i am borrowing your 2011 word (for 2012)...amazing opportunities!!i love it!!

Gwynnie B said...

I will never look at butterflies the same again! What a treat to share it with 2 artful souls :)

Aren't summers great? Especially all the fun you had with yours. What will Fall bring?!?!

xo
Gwynnie