Friday, October 7, 2011

Some Sketching...

I was out for a walk the other morning and found a lovely hibiscus flower that had fallen and was beginning to die, but the colors were so beautiful that I brought it home...

Then I thought I could use this flower to practice my drawing...so I got my Big Draw sketchbook...

...but I was so struck by the colors of this fallen flower...not to mention the fantastic textures...


I thought I'd attempt to capture the color with my watercolor paint set...


I think I captured the spirit of the flower. What do you think?

4 comments:

humel said...

I think it's beautiful :) Delicate and pretty, with flowing lines - I reckon you've captured it just fine! xx

Kathryn Hansen said...

i love those colors too...beautiful! i think capturing it in watercolors was a great idea!! The photograph was really good too!!!

Becoming Dr Doc said...

I think you did a great job with both the sketching and the colour. It's lovely

Sophie Slim said...

Wow! You are one talented lady! This seriously makes me wish I could draw and paint *sigh*