Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Recent Sketch for The Big Draw LA...

I thought I'd share my recent sketch for my participation in The Big Draw LA. It was done while in Ventura for the Scottish Highland Games and it stemmed from the view out of the hotel window. Here is the window view I worked from:


And here is the sketch made from that view:

I guess I need a little more work with my sense of perspective, but I'm sure with more practice I'll get there!

I'm hoping to attend this Big Draw event later today - I'll be sure to share any sketches made if I make it to the event, so stay tuned!

4 comments:

humel said...

Great view :) I love that I recognise it!! And I really like your sketch, too xx

Becoming Dr Doc said...

it is a fab view and you have done it justice!

Karen Wallace said...

Interesting project. Hope all is well. Hugs Karen

Gwynnie B said...

Fabulous view and fabulous perspective! You gotta start somewhere, right?!

...it's almost November, Scorpio Sistah!!

xo
Gwynnie