Thursday, October 20, 2011

Drawing in the Park for The Big Draw...

I had a GREAT time drawing at a recent event for The Big Draw LA. It took place close to my home and it was for artists of all ages. I met up with my friend Silvia who was joining me to participate in the drawing fun. We arrived just before the event began as they were setting up...


All participants received a backpack to draw on and there were markers that were shared by everyone working at the same table...


My friend Silvia had brought a few of her own markers to use so I began with some of them and started with drawing a vine of flowers on one side of my bag...


Silvia and I were having a great time with our drawings, as were many of the participants in this event. I had a darling four-year old girl sitting next to me who was drawing with wild abandon!

An artist in the making!

Look at all that bright color and the happy smiling faces!


There was quite a turn out...methinks that people are in need of more creativity in their lives!

Drawing in the park with bright happy colors on a lovely fall day

Here is how my backpack turned out by the end of the event...


I even began a drawing on the back which will be completed and filled in later...

In keeping with the theme of butterflies* I've had this summer, I added this one to my backpack and it will be colored with bright and brilliant colors...

***   ***   ***
This event was hosted by one of the Los Angeles Libraries and I had not visited this branch before so I thought I'd take a look around and I'm glad I did. The children's section had some great mixed media art!





 All the art used paper with buttons for embellishment - so cool!

As if all this wonderful art wasn't enough, one whole side of the library is ALL GLASS, looking out into the park beyond with green grass and trees...

Now THAT is what is what I call a "room with a view"!

All in all, it was a great day =-)

* - my dear boyfriend thinks I need to work on my "butterfly anatomy" - I say this is a whimsical butterfly ;)

2 comments:

humel said...

Oh, what fun! I'd have so loved to have been part of that :) Looks like you had a great time, and you sure produced a great bag! xx

Kathryn Hansen said...

the backpack looks great...i love that your butterfly is more creative...that's how it's seen through your artistic eyes!!