Saturday, October 1, 2011

Blogtoberfest 2011 Begins!

Let the blogging begin!!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've been considering how to approach the festival this year since I don't have daily access to internet, but it is possible to prepare posts in advance, which can be quite handy! I did just that when I was out of town on my annual trip to Ventura for the Scottish Highland Games last year.

This month there are many events around Los Angeles for The Big Draw LA, which is about encouraging people to get out and draw in public to connect with their creativity and I'm all for that! Here is the sketch book I hope to fill with some sketches and doodles:


And here are some special pencils I purchased at the Renaissance Faire this year - they are beautifully hand turned pencils that feel wonderful in my hand:


I mentioned I would be sharing some old drawings as a way to post daily through Blogtoberfest and drawings don't get old or go bad over time! In fact, they may actually improve with age...

This was made back in the 1990's and I still like how it turned out...

I also hope to share some sneak peeks at a project I've been wanting to work on for a few months now and here is a peek at some of the raw materials...


I've also thought that I could just post a picture a day of the beautiful butterflies I saw in Santa Barbara last month. I posted a short video of the butterflies in action, but some of the still shots I got turned out quite well, if I do say so myself!

A beautiful butterfly resting upon a flower at the Santa Barbara Natural History Museum

It's a good feeling to have so many options to solve my challenge of limited access to internet! It means I'm being resourceful and CREATIVE in my approach, though it's also good to know that Tinniegirl understands that not everyone can blog every day!

HOORAY for Tinniegirl and hooray for Blogtoberfest!!

4 comments:

angelfish (fiona) said...

Just dropping by from Cathy's {tinniegirl} blog to say "Hi!"
I think I saw you on Mel's blog when she visited the US in the summer.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Thanks Monica. So glad you're joining in again, even with internet challenges. You're right, you're very resourceful.

By the way, love your sketches. You're very talented.

Becoming Dr Doc said...

those pics are great that you drew. I love the sound of the big draw LA!

humel said...

So fun! I'm reading these posts in reverse lol.... The Big Draw sounds fab, enjoy xx