Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Big Draw at The Huntington Library - Part 3

I've been blogging about my day at The Huntington Library and it was a jam packed day that began with being greeted by butterflies, making a botanical collage, and visiting some of the galleries...

I thought I should attempt to make at least one quick sketch while at The Huntington, since they have such wonderful galleries filled with beautiful art. I decide to make a quick sketch from one of the bronze sculptures and I chose to make a detail sketch...


This is what I was attempting to sketch from...


And here is the actual detail of what I was looking at...


It's been quite some time since I've done any serious sketching of any kind, with the exception of some light sketch work in Orly's art journal workshop, which you can see here. I'm feeling a bit rusty with my drawing skills, but with a little practice I think they'll be back in no time!

I had a wonderful day at The Huntington Library that ended with a lovely late lunch in The Tea Room with my dear boyfriend. It seems that there are a few special Tea With Alice events taking place in the future and I'd love to attend. I've been quite obsessed with "Alice in Wonderland" these days...at least the Tim Burton version of Alice. I'll share more about that later...

In the meantime, do come back tomorrow - it's a special day that includes a giveaway so stay tuned!

1 comment:

humel said...

Beautiful sketch, hun :) I remember that sculpture!! I have a very similar 'detail' photo lol!!