Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Big Draw at The Huntington Library - Part 2

I spent my Saturday at The Huntington Library to participate in "A Botanical Collage", one of the city-wide events to celebrate The Big Draw LA. You can see my botanical collage from my post of yesterday. Today I'm sharing some amazing collages made by other participants...

There were many lovely 'arrangements' of the plant material available - here are just a few:




There were other collages made that were standing collages, as mine was. Here is one made by some of the children that were participating:


And this one...they made a lovely couple!


And there were some collages with a sense of humor - this one was my favorite:


The botanical collages were one way to create a drawing, but I did find at least one artist sketching in their book from nature:


Here is what was being sketched...it was all quite serene between the artist and the scenery...

One of the lily ponds on the grounds of The Huntington Library...a lovely scene from Nature

I did manage to create a quick sketch from a small sculpture in the main art gallery. I'll share my quick sketch and the sculpture in tomorrow's post so stay tuned!!

4 comments:

humel said...

Oh my, this brings back memories! :)

Kathryn Hansen said...

i like that humorous Mr Potato Head one too!!

planettreasures said...

What a very cool activity, looks like lots of fun.

angelfish (fiona) said...

This looks like lots of fun! A great variety of interpretations too.