Sunday, October 23, 2011

23 Things*...

For the 23rd day of October, in no particular order...
  1. It has been GREAT not working in an office!
  2. I've had a fantastic fun-filled summer: I met my blog buddy Mel, visited Ventura three times and saw the Tim Burton exhibit TWICE!
  3. It's been good to visit with my friends this summer
  4. It's been slow going cleaning and clearing my little home, but I'm making progress...I think!
  5. It's time consuming to photograph my grandmother's things to sell them at Etsy...
  6. The time it takes to photograph my grandmother's things takes time away from making creative goodies to sell...
  7. However, selling my grandmother's things has brought in much needed funds to use toward art supplies! It all balances out in the end I guess =-)
  8. I've spent time volunteering my writing and administrative skills to help out a small local gallery
  9. I'm not sure the gallery will last to the end of the year...
  10. I'm witnessing first-hand what happens when you begin an art business with no money, no focus and no plan =-(
  11. I've had some wonderful adventures with my dear boyfriend this summer!
  12. I'm sorry to see the days get shorter...
  13. But I'm glad that my birthday is coming next month
  14. I really need internet service at home but I don't know how I'll be able to pay for it...
  15. I've met the challenge of blogging every day for Blogtoberfest without having internet at home!
  16. If I can meet a challenge like that, what else can I accomplish?!?!
  17. I've accumulated more books this summer than I expected but they are ALL full of creative inspiration
  18. I'm glad to see that my "soap box drawing kit" was so inspiring!
  19. I'm in the process of knitting some mitts of my own design and I can't wait to see how they turn out...
  20. I really do want to knit a full size sweater one day, or maybe a skirt...
  21. I'm in process of putting together some new interviews to share and the artists are quite amazing!
  22. I really look forward to returning to workshops with Orly Avineri next month
  23. One week from tomorrow will be the last day of Blogtoberfest...


* - many thanks to Nina Bagley for inspiring today's post; I'll do this again on a special day in November and the list will be doubled... =-)

    3 comments:

    SueAnn said...

    That is a shame about the art gallery! It always amazes me how people will get an idea and jump into it without a plan! Not good...not good at all!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    humel said...

    Yeah, what SueAnn said - that's pretty much exactly what I was going to say! I remember you telling me about that gallery, I'm sorry about it :(

    Yay for so many things on your list though! Especially #2, 7, 11, 13, 15...

    The Creative Beast said...

    Thank you for your sympathies on the gallery ladies! We'll see how things go in the weeks to come...