Thursday, September 29, 2011

B & B...

It's just a few days until October and that means BLOGTOBERFEST!!

It also means The Big Draw LA begins...

I've participated in Blogtoberfest since I first began my blog in 2009, so this will be my third year of participating. It will be a bit challenging though, since I don't have internet at home, so I'll have to plan quite a few posts in advance and I think I know how I might approach it. With several events for The Big Draw LA on the horizon, it's made me think how I've been wanting to get back to practicing my drawing skills...

My hand - class exercise from my Life Drawing class back in 1994 - that was MANY years ago!

Since Jane from City Hearts told me about this fabulous project, it's gotten my imagination fired up to start sketching again. I got a hand made sketchbook made from recycled materials at the City Hearts fundraiser to use for the month - Jane has some great ideas for all those who have a sketchbook, that she has shared with me...

My Big Draw LA sketchbook to use during October - I'll share my sketches throughout the month...

I have an idea to post my drawings during the month. Some of them may be from my old portfolio, but they are still good - drawings don't go bad, thankfully!

A still life exercise for the same Life Drawing class...

I have a few other ideas for this years Blogtoberfest, but you'll have to stay tuned to see what they are! In the meantime, if you're interested in participating in Blogtoberfest, here is where you can get more info - sign up begins on September 30 which is TOMORROW!

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

i'm going to participate this year Monica...since you so highly recommend it!!

humel said...

I don't think I realised it was your first Blogtoberfest that year, as it was mine - though if I'd thought about it I'd have realised, *doh!* lol!