Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My Creative Color Challenge Project and Other Goodness...

I nearly forgot that my Creative Color Challenge Color Wheel was due TODAY!! I've been quite busy these days, but I managed to create a color wheel this morning to share with you in time for the deadline...

My color pencils made a nice little color wheel...
I looked through my color pencils and embroidery floss and I managed to create two different styled color wheels, using a printed one as a base to go by...

 The printed color wheel I used to work from to create my own versions of the color wheel...

From a large collection of embroidery floss that I found at a thrift shop - the colors of the wheel were all there...

...But I also made a small version of the wheel using my color pencils...

...my color wheel made with color pencils surrounded by embroidery floss make up a color wheel duet...

I do love a color wheel, but I've mentioned here before how much I love the color spectrum...and I could play with making color wheels all day, but I still have another project due this week: The Great Big Stitched Postcard!

I already received my postcard from a lovely lass in England...sadly, she is not blogging at this time, but I do hope she will soon!

I'm always excited to see mail from across the pond - it makes me feel so special!!

oooooh...this is a beautiful postcard...

The theme for this round of Great Big Stitched Postcard is BLOOM and I love how it is interpreted in this beautiful card...

A thoughtful quote completes the beauty...
Here is a sneak peek at what I will be sending to a different lass across the pond:

A scrap of fabric from my grandmother's fabric stash that I now have - I love the happy bright colors!

I know I still have pages from my TREES art journal to share and I will be sure to do that in the next day or so, but I've got to run and make a postcard to mail before Sunday!!

Are you busy and bursting with creative projects? I'd love to hear about them!!

6 comments:

Diana said...

You left out an image of your favorite Anthropologie pie pan!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Your colour wheels are gorgeous. Love them all.

Your postcards is stunning too.

The Creative Beast said...

Diana - I didn't make the pie pan 'color wheel' though I suppose I could have included a link to it ;)

Cathy - the postcard IS gorgeous, but it was sent to me from a GBSP participant. I'll share my creation here soon though =-)

Gwynnie B said...

Color wheels make me swoon...can't help it!

Didn't do the swap this time but nice to see what you got across the pond :)

Gwynnie

Eddie Bluelights said...

Beautiful colours and they seem mainly to obey the colours in the spectrum. Richard Of York Gave Blood In Vain. Red Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet. What a clever creative beast you are. Hugs ~ Eddie

Karen Wallace said...

Hello. Nice to catch up with your blog,hugs. Karen