Wednesday, July 20, 2011

So far...Morning Walks

Hello dear blog readers!

GOODNESS! Time has really flown in ways I could not imagine now that I'm no longer chained to a desk and the the world of 9-5 and of course I've been enjoying every  minute!

Since the last time I wrote about my life so far I've been visiting with old friends and having some great adventures...the weather has cooled considerably since that time which makes it easier for me to get things done around my home and cleaning and organizing are at the top of the list of summer projects.

I've been heading to my local library for a few months now but I've picked up the pace since summer has begun and I've listed many, MANY books to peruse in the weeks ahead and summer reading is also big on my list - I'll share my summer reads with you all soon...

I've also returned to an old familiar routine of walking every morning since my freedom from 9-5 and I'm so happy to be returning to this cherished habit. Here are some things I see on my daily morning walks: 

 I love the color of the blooms on this bush - I don't know what it is but I love it...

 Such lush color!

A mama cat and her kittens often cross my path during my walks...

Gorgeous PINK roses, among other varieties, are on my new morning route...

A sweet little pomegranate tree in a front yard...

I'm slowly settling into a new routine after the whirlwind of visiting with friends and I'm learning how to work with my time in ways that work for ME...it feels like such a luxury!

I'm also learning how to make time for blogging since I'm no longer in front of a computer as I used to be, but I do have some interviews with some great folks coming up and there will be an interview this Friday for you to read and be inspired by so stay tuned!

5 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

So happy for you that you're living your life more beyond 9-5 and finding routine again!!Twyla Tharp talks about how important routine is in her book, The Creative Habit: Learn It and Use It for Life

The Creative Beast said...

Hi Kathryn! I have that book and I love it - I think discipline is the little secret that no one talks about for being a successful artist or successful anything for that matter =-\

Diana said...

Those first two photos show hibiscus flowers.

Lauren said...

glad you are enjoying your summer and your freedom! lucky duck!

Mistea said...

Getting out in the morning is a great way to start the day. Your walk looks lovely.
Enjoy the sun.