Sunday, July 3, 2011

Celebrating Independence Day - The Preamble

Yesterday I began a series celebrating independence for America, though I am celebrating my own FREEDOM from the world of 9-5 this weekend...

I shared a video yesterday from my childhood that tells the story of why America wanted freedom from the rule of England. Today I'll share a video that illustrates the values of our Founding Fathers and what they wanted for the future of this country:


During the 2008 elections, I had this song running through my head a LOT! There is something about the music of Lynn Ahrens put to the words of the most important document of this country, The Constitution, that moves me. It really sums up what is essentially the "mission statement" for the way the country would be run.

Tomorrow is the Fourth of July, also known as Independence Day, which is always celebrated with fireworks as a symbolic remembrance of the war we fought to gain freedom. It's my favorite part of celebrating!

Stay tuned for the next video celebrating FREEDOM...and FIREWORKS!

2 comments:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Yippee!

Pocketful of Fourth of July joys to you,

Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island

slommler said...

Happy 4th to you too!!
Hugs
SueAnn