July 29, 2009
It's been two years since I began my blog and those years have been art-FULL, indeed, for this Creative Beast! There was a lot I accomplished in the first year of blogging and this year is no different. Things I'm celebrating from this year are:
- Freedom from the daily grind of 9 - 5!
- I submitted my Office Art Book in an online magazine contest
- I was interviewed by a wonderfully funny gentleman and blogger
- I attended the Artful Journey of 2011 and I have the opportunity to attend again next year
- Meeting Orly Avineri and learning amazing art techniques through her art journal workshops
- I've been conducting interviews with amazing creative artists, which many of you have found to be highly inspiring
- Recently I've added some new pages to my blog to highlight those interviews, as well as a page to highlight some favorite stories and projects and soon I'll add a bio page...
- I'll be participating in The Great Big Stitched Postcard Swap
- I'll also be participating in the Creative Color Challenge
- I plan on doing the Sketchbook Project for 2012
- And there are more things in store...
Of course, there are so many wonderful people I've met through this blog and I want to celebrate that so I'm having a giveaway!
First, here is a sneak peek at what you'll get:
This notebook may look plain now, but it will have a collaged cover made by yours truly by the end of the week...there is both lined and graph paper inside...
...some wild tape and bright red letter stickers...
...a few rubber stamps...
...one-of-a-kind handmade envelopes - the papers are color copy scans of some of the art pages from my large art book. I thought they could make great mail art envelopes...
...even the back of the envelopes look art-full!
There are a few mores goodies that will be stashed in a lovely bag also made by yours truly:
I made the entire tote bag from stitching the handles and the bag, to stitching the applique flower and leaves!
Now, here is what you need to do to win the bag of goodies:
- You must already be following my blog OR you must have posted a comment in the last three months - you can leave a comment on today's blog post and a name will be drawn and announced next Friday, August 5
- If you are not a follower, you can start following me today! When you do, let me know you are following my blog by leaving your comment at this post and you will be in the drawing; also, I'll pop over to your blog to say thanks =-)
- This giveaway is open to followers and commenters here and abroad!
- You must leave your comment at today's blog post by WEDNESDAY AUGUST 3 by 5:00pm PACIFIC STANDARD TIME and finally...
- Leave a comment about something you have accomplished and are proud of - toot your horn here loud and proud! If you accomplished it, you earned it!
I'll post a few more sneak peeks at other items that will go into the goodie bag - I do love to give away a packed bag!
Thank you all for being a part of my art-full and creative adventures! The journey continues...