Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tidbits...

Today is the Summer Solstice which always makes me a bit sad as the days will now begin to get shorter from here on out...but it's also a reminder that Summer Time is just beginning with Independence Day* on the horizon! While I'm waiting for my day of freedom, here are some tidbits of what's going on...

Outside the window...
it's sunny with blue skies after a morning of "June Gloom"

I am wearing...
my "open doors" earrings made by Nina Bagley - I've been wearing them nearly everyday since the Artful Journey Retreat in February!


I am hoping...
that this summer will not be unbearably hot!

On my mind...
The many things I want to read, learn, do and make during the summer months ahead - I'll share more about this soon...

I'm creating...
more pages for my small and large art books/journals

This page is for my small art book/journal and I used the technique of ink and canned air for the splatter effects I found in my book "Good Mail Day"

On the other side: watercolors bleeding into each other and script stamps make up this page...

Plans for the rest of the week...
to continue working on more pages for my art books and complete the final touches to the next Creative Beast interview for Friday - stay tuned for that!

I'm grateful for...
My dear boyfriend, peony season and lovely blue skies...

I bought these peonies last week...they really exploded when I got them in water!


I hope you are enjoying the Summer Solstice today!

* - Though Independence Day falls on JULY 4th for America, it is early for me as I will  gain my "freedom" from my horrible job on JUNE 30th! Only 8 more working days to go!!! Thank you all for your wonderful support in these last days!

5 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

your pages are looking wonderful!!!

and hang in there...you can do it!!!!

slommler said...

Those peonies are so beautiful! I miss them. They do not grow well here...just too dry!!
Congrats again on your upcoming freedom.
Hugs
SueAnn

oneartistjournal said...

Here is to Monica's sweet freedom, beautiful self-expression and spirited summer...
XOXOrly

The Creative Beast said...

Thank you all ladies! I'm in the homestretch now =-)

Karen Wallace said...

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog. You are so open, warm, and giving to others in your praise and kindness. Hugs Karen