Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Shorts...Fascinating Fashion!

Hello everyone!

I wanted to share some fascinating fashion tidbits with you today...many of you may know that I have background in Fashion Design and Pattern Drafting so fashion, and particularly STYLE, is of great interest to me. Imagine my delight when a dear friend and Artful Journey sister shared this link with me...here is one of my favorite images from this exhibit in San Francisco:

OH! Rococco! I love you so! Can you believe it's made of PAPER!?!

And one day on the internet, I noticed a most interesting dress that is part of a larger collection that you can view here...This is what the dress looks like:

More Rococco Style - I just love the use of roses!

You should see the SHOES that were made for this collection...now that is what I call CREATIVE fashion and style happening! Check out the links and Enjoy!

3 comments:

Diana said...

If you live in San Francisco and have been in a cave for a few months, today's the absolute last day you can see the Isabelle de Borchgrave exhibit, Pulp Fashion, at the Legion of Honor.

Monica, I love those weedrobes - I desperately crave that hydrangea dress, even if I doubt you could dance for hours in it! These clothes remind me of a book that came out some years back showing clothing for faeries made from flowers, leaves and other garden bits. I don't know if it's still available, but it's called "Fairie-ality: The Fashion Collection from the House of Ellwand" by Bird, Downton and Ellwand.

slommler said...

Oh I love these!!!
Wowzers!
Hugs
SueAnn

Karen Wallace said...

Wow!!!! Karen