Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pleasant Surprises...

I love surprises...especially pleasant ones!

I found this definition of the word "surprise" that describes my morning today:

sur·prise

to come upon or discover suddenly and unexpectedly

Here is what I saw as I drove into the office parking lot this morning:

People were dancing in the parking lot this morning!!

Oh yeah! This young man is getting his GROOVE ON!!


There was a camera man shooting video and a few tents were up with what appeared to be some lovely garments and jewelry, but when I came out later in the morning to ask questions they had already packed up and left!! =-(

It might have been a quick rehearsal for the Juneteenth Celebration taking place in the neighborhood...Do you know about Juneteenth? You can read the history of this celebration HERE...I'm sure it will be a great weekend celebration!

And I found this in the office mailbox:

This fun post card came from TJ at Studio Mailbox!! I particularly liked one of the stamps on the back...

A sweet mix of devilish horns and angel wings! I think that could describe many of us ;)

Another pleasant surprise was trying out an art technique that I found in one of my books "Good Mail Day". I tried it out early this morning before I left for work and I like the results. I'll be sure to share pictures of that next week...

I'm taking Friday off and having a three day weekend that will be filled with more fun and I'm pretty sure a few surprises will appear...I hope to share it all with you next week!


3 comments:

slommler said...

Love the stamp!
And can't wait to see the art technique that you found!
Hugs
SueAnn

oneartistjournal said...

Love lively surprises like that..you are one you know!!!
XOXOrly

Eddie Bluelights said...

Life is full of surprises. Hope the rest of the week provides lots of wonderful surprises for you.
Take care ~ Eddie x

PS I'm doing a funny post soon because some South American gals think I wear a wig LOL . . . or rinse my hair LOL. Now that's a red rag to a bull to me so I'd better write it LOL