Thursday, June 9, 2011

More Goodness to Share...

GOODNESS! Where did the week go?!?! It was a wonderful weekend and now it's nearly time for another weekend!! Let me recap what has taken place and what's to come...

I attended the Montrose Arts and Crafts Festival on Sunday with my dear boyfriend and saw fellow blogger Kathryn in her booth. You can read about her experience at her blog but here is how the festival looked on Sunday:

A happy crowd on a beautiful day...

And I received some great mail art this week:

This dancing card came from Emilie at Winnie's Girl. I love the quote she wrote on it:

I would believe only in a God that knows how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

I agree wholeheartedly! Thank you Emilie for sharing yourself and this postcard!

This came from a dear friend on the East Coast - she sent some "funny pages" and some artwork by her three year old son...you know I'll find a way to use the artwork in a future collage!


This lovely gift came from Karen Wallace who blogs at Art Therapy Reflections...a bag embroidered with pink flowers and packet of "acceptance cards"...

I love how "acceptance" is shown in so many beautiful, natural environments. It is such a lovely treasure - I love it! Thank you Karen!

An interesting item of "mail art" arrived in the mail box but it wasn't addressed to me. It was addressed to someone who worked in this facility long ago and the sender doesn't have the current address of the intended recipient. I was intrigued when I looked at this postcard and the cryptic message on it...




I know I should "return to sender" but I love this mysterious post card!

In the meantime, here's what's coming up in the next few days...

I have a new Creative Beast Interview for tomorrow so I hope you'll stop by to check it out. You'll want your cup of coffee or tea handy to savor this interview!

I'm going to another Orly Avineri workshop on Saturday and I can't wait! It's all about street art and I took some photos of local street art in my dear boyfriends neighborhood. Here's a peek at what I found and might use in the workshop:

sometimes street art can be magical...

sometimes it can be vulgar...

sometimes it can be striking...

I hope you'll stop by tomorrow to check out my next interview - stay tuned!

4 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

Thanks Monica for the shout out!! Can hardly wait to see what you come up with using the street art photos!

Karen Wallace said...

I love how you asked for what you needed and we all responded. A gift for us and you. Hugs Karen

oneartistjournal said...

"Street Joy"...Love these pictures you found of street art, cannot wait to see them and have you here again...
Bring your camera (iphone?) to make some more of your photomagic.
XOXOrly

The Creative Beast said...

Thank you all ladies for your comments and observations! I'll be touching base with each of you soon =-)