Thursday, June 2, 2011

Artful Tidbits and More Helpful Mail Art...

Hello Dear Blog Reader! I thought I'd share a few things I've been working on and some more wonderful mail art that arrived to the office this week.

A few weeks ago, I did a series of posts about my small art book as I pondered the question of it being an Art Journal. I've been working on a few new pages for this small book and here is what they look like...

I have a lot of vintage stamps and sometimes I have multiples of one stamp design. At first I was a bit aggravated by having multiples of one design but now I see how handy it can be to have those multiples because they can be used as a repeating motif...

some of the vintage stamps are canceled and some are not...

Many of my art pages are created on one whole page, then cut in two, with the larger portion going into my primary Artful Journey book and the smaller pages going into my art journal book. This is one side of the smaller page...


...and this is the larger page - if you look closely, you can see the red dots in the base before being lightened with gesso. I began with making the background, then it was cut in two and each page worked on separately. It's always interesting to see if the pages continue in the same vein or not...

a hand typed quote pasted on the left reads: "LUCK is what happens when PREPARATION meets OPPORTUNITY" - it's a favorite =-)

Just before the holiday weekend, I peeked at one of my favorite bloggers and saw her cute hand made embellishments made with bottle caps. It looked fun and easy to do, so here is what I made up...

I still need to finish it with clear drying glue to protect the surface, but its not bad for a first try!

Now I'm inspired to make a few more...here are the beginnings of two more embellishments...

More Mail Art Arrives!
 
Another beautiful postcard from Kat arrived - I love this image and the quote she wrote on the back...She has been sending really beautiful postcards!

And these lovely goodies arrived from Mistea Crafts - I love, love, LOVE the postcard!! The Rococo Period is one my favorites in Costume History and it makes me think of the movie Marie Antoinette by Sofia Coppola...and I love that movie!

Thank you for sending the magical mail ladies!

Only 21 working days to go until I'm FREE!! But now the question is beginning to be asked:

What will you do first?

Hmmm - let me think about that and get back to you =-)

3 comments:

Mistea said...

So glad the postcard put some colour in your day and I do hope you can use the flowers.

Like the look of those pages you are working on makes me want to break out the inks and have a play.

Enjoy the weekend.

slommler said...

Love your art pages...and the postcards are fabulous!!
I don't believe I have seen that movie??! Must do that!
Hugs
SueAnn

humel said...

I can't believe I missed this post till now! That'll teach me to read properly.... Your versions of my bottle caps are gorgeous, my dear xx