Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sharing the Goodness...

I've had a great holiday weekend of rest, relaxation, seeing pirates on the big screen and spending fun times with good friends. I also made a little time to peek at Blogland and I discovered that a fellow blogger and Flying Lesson participant was featured on the site of another Flying Lesson participant, Sonya Mac...

I've seen Sonya Mac in the Flying Lessons Facebook group and she is one busy creative lady! She has a feature on her site called Sunday Spaces and she shared the space of TJ who blogs at Studio Mailbox. I'm always intrigued to see the interiors of artists homes in the hopes it will inspire some ideas I can use in my own home, that sadly needs a LOT of TLC right now. That will certainly be one of the main projects I work on after June 30th!

Though I was not particularly happy to return to the office today, there were some treats waiting for me - wonderful encouragement and good wishes from friends near and far...

YAY! more wonderful mail art arrived to the office during the long holiday weekend...

I received some wonderful mail art and goodies from some good friends and one lovely blogger who saw my "call for help" and sent some wonderful artwork to keep up my spirits in these last few weeks of employment.

a magnet and a goodie bag...

The colorfully decorated package came from Kathryn who I met through the Flying Lessons e-course. We've had a few meet-ups and she is one AMAZING artist. You can find her blogging here and selling her fantastic work here...

She sent some fun goodies for me to use in future creations and a hilarious magnet that will be in my creative play-space by July. Here is a close up of the message of this super cute magnet:

LOL!!! this darling birdie CRACKS ME UP!!

You know, this birdie and her message reminds me of a story from when I was a little girl...

It seems my father would always pick on me by telling me that I ate like a bird because I ate rather slowly and in small bites. One day I complained to my mother about it and she said to me:

"Next time your father says that, you tell him that birds eat twice their own weight!"

I chuckle to myself when I remember that story because it was true that I ate like a bird - I may have picked daintily at my food but I sure could it pack it away!!


If only I could eat that much food today - sigh ;) This darling birdie will certainly remind me that:
 "though she be but little, she is fierce!"*

Here are the other wonderful goodies that came through the mail...

I do love lemonade, so this card is quite appropriate!

This came from a good friend living in New York. She recently launched a website about health and wellness and she also recommended a fascinating website to chart my moods called Moodscope. I've been working with my own graph since last week and it's been interesting to see if and how my emotional state might change from day to day...I have a feeling that I'll be off the charts on June 30th!

And this lovely card was handmade by this creative blogger who just happened to hear about my "call for help" and decided she would send some help and encouragement my way. It is a lovely and colorful card...


...she also sent along some "funny pages" to give me a giggle or two...


Thank you ladies for sending such wonderful encouragement to help me get through these last few weeks in the horrible work environment. I now look forward to coming to the office knowing that a few more goodies are on the way!

And thank you to the wonderful creative bloggers who are reaching out and sending such kind words and wishes! It's only 23 more working days to go until I'm free to create a better future!

And one more item of goodness I'd like to share is this Facebook page and Tumblr blog created by my own Life Coach Pete Lee called "Th Daily Practice".  There's a new assignment every day to get you thinking creatively and abundantly - I hope you join in the fun!
***   ***   ***

I'll be sharing a few things I've been working on like some new art pages for my art books and I'll have another Creative Beast Interview ready for you to read next week so stay tuned!


* - from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream"

2 comments:

TJ said...

Aww, thanks for mentioning my big tour. I'm glad to see that mail love is still coming in for you. Whoop ass birdie is terrific!! LOL.
Best wishes from germany, tj

Kathryn Hansen said...

ohhhhh...so glad you got the package...isn't that magnet the best...had to get it for you!! thanks for the shout out too...I appreciate it!! I know you must be getting anxious to get out of there...good luck with hanging in there for 21 more days!!