Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Playing Along with "Quote Tuesday"

I noticed the other day that one of my favorite creative bloggers was starting a new weekly meme she calls "Quote Tuesday". She wrote about her collection of quotes which made me think of my own collection. I love to use quotes in my own blog posts from time to time so this weekly meme is one that really makes my heart sing! This is my quote for "Quote Tuesday" - it's how I've been feeling since receiving the news of my upcoming freedom from the workplace:

HOPE is the dream of a soul awake
French Proverb

Here is how my bloom looks three days after being used in Orly's workshop...

***   ***   ***
What are some favorite quotes that speak to your feelings today?

6 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

Every portrait that is painted with feeling is a portrait of the artist, not of the sitter. ~Oscar Wilde

oneartistjournal said...

So prettttty Monica..

Diana said...

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all - Dickenson

One can remain alive long past the usual date of disintegration if one is unafraid of change, insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and happy in small ways.' ~ Edith Wharton

Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night. ~Edgar Allan Poe (1809 - 1849), Eleonora

The artist is extremely lucky who is presented with the worst possible ordeal which will not actually kill him. At that point, he's in business.
~John Berryman

Press on: nothing in the world can take the place of perseverance. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. ~ Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)


[See, pepper isn't the only person who collects quotes!]

The Creative Beast said...

Thank you for sharing your quotes ladies! They are wonderful =-)

Diana, I KNOW you collect quotes - you sent me your collection that I consult on many occasions =-)

Eddie Bluelights said...

Passing by to say a big hello and hope you are OK ~ Hugs, Eddie

pepper said...

ooh! so many lovely quotes!
thanks for playing along :)
Pepper x