Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A little "Spring Break" and a Quote...

So it was Spring Break last week and then Easter Sunday came along with lovely mild weather. My dear boyfriend and I were strolling through the local farmers market when I spied a small bunch of flowers that he bought for me...


I thought these were just right for a lovely Easter bouquet with the colors of Spring! They were so pretty I thought I'd try to capture them with watercolors...I've been looking for reasons to use watercolors since the workshop with Orly Avineri last weekend!


I thought I'd use the last watercolor postcard I had to make a quick painting and I plan on gluing it into my new art journal, as I learned in Orly's workshop last weekend. A few quick pencil lines to begin and then the watercolor was swished onto the paper...


I also made a color swatch of sorts to go with my little painting and it will probably be glued into my journal as well. The color swatch is reminiscent of how I would work with fabrics when creating designs in my Fashion Design classes...

I was also reminded that Pepper Stitches is sharing her favorite quotes and inviting others to do the same. This Spring bouquet reminds me of a favorite quote about Spring:

I stuck my head out the window this morning and Spring kissed me bang in the face -
 Langston Hughes


Do you have any quotes about Spring? Maybe you have a favorite quote about flowers? I'd love to hear about them!


I'll return soon with the last remaining pages of my Art Book/Art Journal...

2 comments:

Gwynnie B said...

hey Monica~

I adore sweet peas! My gramma grew them and I can't help but think of her when I see them and smell their intoxicating fragrance :)

Yes, beautiful weather and a great start to Spring. Just wish I could enjoy it more but my show is this weekend! Yikes.

Love your watercolor and am so happy you enjoyed Orley's class so much. Looking forward to seeing more of your pretties!!

xo
Gwynnie

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

What a gorgeous watercolour and the photos are stunning as well. A complete picture of a creative spring ahead.