Thursday, April 14, 2011

Emerging...

Dear friends,
Thank you all so much for holding this space as I have been in hibernation. There has been so much happening, but I felt I could not fully share what has been taking place until I could get it sorted out...and there has been much to sort out!

I told you all the story of my energy healing in my last post (goodness! was that really over a month ago?!) and I mentioned how I released the energy of "job hunting". What I didn't tell you was that I also released the energy of being in my current job. Many of you may know how unhappy I've been in this work environment and it was important for me to release this old negative energy.

But you may be thinking, how does one get out of a bad work situation if you give up job hunting?

You embrace the option that Amazing Opportunities will come your way and you won't have to work so hard to find them...

Then you learn that your department will be permanently shut-down and you are given a lay-off date for June 30th...

...and then you try to keep from jumping out of your seat with joy!


Yes indeed, my job will end by June 30th and it's been quite the roller coaster ride since I learned this news. Within the first two weeks of learning this news two different employment opportunities came my way, and one of them was a position as costume maker in the local college community district! Of course I applied for it, but it's a long process so we'll see how it goes...

I've been buzzing with excitement about the possibilities stretching before me - possibilities in work and in creativity...

"open doors" earrings made by Nina Bagley, my instructor at Artful Journey this year - I've worn them EVERY DAY since I bought them in order to invoke amazing opportunities in my life...

  • I've been in touch with my "rock star designer friend" Phyllis who recently came home from being on the road with STING!! She always has some sewing work to do...
  • I've been looking into local farmers markets for selling my creative goods
  • I've been looking into places where I could begin to teach/share my creative knowledge
  • I've been spending time stocking my other etsy shop Grandma Betty's Legacy where I sell my grandmother's things and use the funds for my creative projects
  • I've been taking some fun creative classes in Ventura, learning new things and meeting new people that are creative kindred souls
  • I've also paid off my car loan with my tax return - one less thing to worry about when my last day of employment comes around!
  • I've been slowly going through all the clutter of my creative play-space to make it ready for full time creativity and that has been quite a task...

Yes, I've been busy since learning that my days at the office are numbered - approximately 55 days to go, not including weekends and Memorial Day! I'm really looking forward to taking some time off to detox from the job and think about what I want in my future and how that will look. I've also been considering some of the challenges I'll have to face after that last day at work:
  • no internet at home
  • no printer
  • learning how to use i-photo and Photoshop since I won't be using a pc with Windows programs (my current office equipment)
  • a very strict budget with unemployment
Luckily, I'll have time to learn the new programs and one of my knitting buddies has offered to teach me Photoshop. Also, my dear boyfriend and I are discussing some options of new technology for my use, since traveling to his home daily to use his computer and internet may not be the best use of my time. I'd love an i-pad2 but a Macbook may be the best tool for me in the long run - we'll see what happens...

Though I am excited about the future, I'm a bit nervous too! But I have to say, that from a performers perspective, I'd be worried if I didn't have some butterflies in my stomach - those butterflies serve to give me the edge I need as I move forward into a more joyful life that includes abundant creativity!

And you can be sure that I'll be sharing this new journey with you...

“Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb.” - Winston Churchill


8 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

Hi Monica! nice to see you back...what an exciting time now in your life...so many possiblities!! it will be fun to see where it all goes!

Diana said...

Monica, how cool about the possibility of costume design! (You and Lana - what a team you'd make!) I'm crossing all fingers and toes for you.

Becoming Dr Doc said...

Ooh best of luck with the new phase in your life. I know it is both scary and exciting to be in a position such as yours. Embrace every opportunity. This is the beginning of something big!

slommler said...

Oooo! How exciting!! New horizons...newer still the journey to get there. Wonderful and fun for sure!!
Can't wait to see where the road will take you.
Enjoy the process along the way!
Hugs
SueAnn

The Creative Beast said...

Hello ladies! Thank you all for your good wishes! I'm very excited about the future these days and looking forward to where it will take me =-)

Gwynnie B said...

You ooze talent and sass, sistah, that all things are possible!! Life is full of open doors so why not go through all of them and see where they take you!?!?!

xo
Gwynnie

Karen Wallace said...

This is so exciting! I am sending you lots of love for your future. Hugs Karen

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

Wow Monica, it seems like the universe has really listened to your call for change in a major way. I'm excited for you about this big change and I hope it brings wonderful new opportunities your way. Can't wait to see what happens next.