Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Too many projects, too little time...

Just when I thought I could enjoy a bit of downtime after the holidays and completing my sketchbook for The Sketchbook Project, I'm surrounded by a bevy of art-FULL opportunities to participate in! I may not be able to join in them all, but I do hope YOU will consider participating in one of these fun art projects and get your work out in the public sphere...

From the fabulous folks that hosted The Sketchbook Project Tour:

Pockets - this is an on-going art installation and you can pay for a kit or submit your pocket contents on your own for free

The Fiction Project - a sister project to the Sketchbook Project, this is about writing and art combined. I found two different pages so you may want to contact them to find the actual due dates for sign-up and submission

A Million Little Pictures - this is one I really want to sign up for! For those of you that love to play with cameras, know that you will be sent a disposable camera with 27 exposures that you will need to have developed before submitting the final photos. I think this is a great project for those who are just starting to play with photography

Amelia Critchlow at 101 Bird Tales put out a call to artists last month on behalf of Big Kids Magazine for their "Bird Call" project last month - the due date to submit is February 14 and you can read about it on Amelia's blog

I've also received another invitation to participate in "MARCH - Women and Strength" hosted by Vita Arts Center in Ventura, which is the exhibit I participated in last year with my submission "Currency of Strength". I'm not sure if they are taking international submissions, but it's worth asking about. If you're local to California, I hope you'll consider submitting artwork - it's a great exhibition!

It's time to start creating!

I'm considering doing another round of the currency using different women and making a new wallet, but I'm concerned that they would prefer something different than what I created last year. I loved making the currency and I've been wanting to make more because I believe that highlighting the strengths of the women who have made great achievements in the past are great role models to motivate us for the future...

My original notes from last years currency - there are still some qualities such as "Grace" and "Intellect" that I'm sure a fabulous woman from the past embodied and deserves to have currency made for...

My only other concern is whether I'll have enough time to complete the work before I prepare for the Artful Journey retreat which happens next month! There's a lot to do so things may get quiet here at this blog as I fall into the "Vortex of Creativity"...

I hope you'll consider participating in one of the fun art projects I've listed - they are really fun to do and a great way to start getting YOUR art work seen by many.
Publish Post


What are some art-FULL projects you're up to this month?

8 comments:

slommler said...

Thanks for the heads up on all the competitions and for the links as well. I will check them out!
Hugs
SueAnn

Louise Gale said...

So many wonderful creative opportunities Monica, yay! There really is sooo much. I cant wait for AAJ in February - I too need a rest and dedicated time to create! xx

Beth Nicholls said...

Too many projects indeed, but choosing between them is a good problem to have!

Gwynnie B said...

So many fun things to do!! I wish I could do it all, so I do what I can and enjoy every minute of it.

AAJ here we come!!!

lindy said...

There are more ideas than time but I am ok with that. I am looking forward to AAJ in a few weeks! By the way...I saw your post on Tinniegirls blog. Flora is teaching in the bay area in May!

Karen Wallace said...

Wow, what a wonderful array of artful activities! Hugs Karen

Kathryn Hansen said...

thanks for the art resources...there's definitely a few there i am going to look into!

good luck with your submission!

Amelia said...

thanks for the link love :) There really is so much creativity going on!

Amelia.x