Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Tidbits for the Winter Solstice...

Firstly, I want to thank you all for your responses to my last post - I had no idea I was hitting such a nerve with that post, but it is not so surprising either, when I really think about it...

We all wear jewelry (men and women alike!) and since it is the closest thing we wear to our bodies it's not surprising that we forge bonds with these precious items. It seems that I am not the only one to have made many jewelry pieces into 'talismans' for strength or creativity or reminders of both. Your encouragement, sympathy and stories were so uplifting for me and I can not thank you enough to all of you that contacted me or left comments about my loss of jewelry and for sharing your own stories of loss. You folks are the BEST!

With that, I think you'll be interested in what is replacing those earrings at this time...
I'll be ringing in the New Year with these sparkling beauties...

Lots of goodies have been arriving in my mailbox these past few weeks such as these special order earrings from CR Design Gallery at Etsy- a bit more sparkle than I usually wear, but they will work wonderfully with a necklace my dear boyfriend bought for me as we shopped for some holiday decor for his place.

And then there were these three wonderful ornaments that arrived from participants of the Creative Color Challenge Ornament Swap...


Here is how they look in my home right now...

The burgundy ornament has two different patterns for each side!

There have also been gifts arriving in my mail box for my dear boyfriend but I can't show those in case he's reading this post!!

I went shopping at the local farmers market on a VERY rainy Sunday to pick up a few little items for others on my gift list and saw these beautiful flowers...

I forget the name of these blooms, but the colors are right for this season... 
 
I thought they looked beautiful with the raindrops making them appear to sparkle...

I've been cleaning/clearing around my home as the Winter Solstice/Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse Convergence has approached and I am SO happy for the Winter Solstice because now the days will grow longer from today on out - YAY!!

I've also been practicing a 40-day meditation recommended to me from my awesome life coach to release old crap and focus on better things so the meditiation for this evening will be powerful with this convergence taking place. I have also started a vision board in the hopes of harnessing the power of this universal convergence - here is the beginning so far...

Symbols of joy and happiness for me - the Sun, Hearts and Flowers will provide a great backdrop

I'm making plans to light candles for each night of Kwanzaa and reflect on each principle and how I can incorporate them into my daily life in 2011. I'm hoping to post about each principle for each day, so do stop by to see how it progresses...Kwanzaa begins December 26!

And here is the list of classic 'Tidbits from my day'...

Outside the window: it's raining lightly...

I am wearing: a bright colored hoodie sweatshirt to brighten my spirits on this rainy day...

I am hoping: for a sunny day and happy laughter on Christmas Day...

I'm creating: a special post with a special story for the holidays (stay tuned!)...

I'm listening to: "A Charlie Brown Christmas", my very favorite holiday music to listen to. I love it so much I often listen to it when it's not Christmas - YAY for Vince Guaraldi!!

Plans for the rest of the week: taking time off from work to enjoy visiting friends from Thursday until the New Year!

Grateful for: an amazing community of artists and friends, near and far, who know that to be an Artist, is to take a Journey that will lead you to the states of "Magic" and "Amazement", in spite of any obstacles in the Path...


I hope you are enjoying this very special universal convergence of Winter Solstice, Full Moon and Lunar Eclipse, where ever you are!

5 comments:

humel said...

Oh my, I *love* your tree!! The ornaments are beautiful, but you've set them off so perfectly xx

Kathryn Hansen said...

wishing you a very Merry Christmas Monica...hope it's super fun!!!

Gwynnie B said...

What a beautiful post for this special day of the year! Merry Winter Solstice, dear friend :)

slommler said...

The ornaments are delightful and those flowers are awesome!!
Merry Christmas dearest one
Hugs
SueAnn
PS I too am so glad that the days will now get longer. Woot!!

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

We've been enjoying the summer solstice in this part of the world of course.

It's great to see all your preparations for Christmas and the new year ahead.

I hope you have a wonderful festive season. xxx