Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Third Night of Kwanzaa - Collective Work and Responsibility...

I have been celebrating Kwanzaa this week and tonight is the third night of Kwanzaa when seven principles are celebrated, one for each night of this African-American holiday. I have been burning a candle for each night of this holiday and reflecting on each principle. The third principle is Collective Work and Responsibility (Ujima)...


Ujima (Collective Work and Responsibility): To build and maintain our community together and make our brothers' and sisters' problems our problems, and to solve them together. 

This principle harks back to the first night of Unity since it focuses on COMMUNITY and the building and maintaining of a community and solving problems together does make for a stronger community...



I have worked with many people in the past year to help solve problems or to help them figure out a way to move forward or to help them take some first steps into their creative future by using my experience and my skills I've acquired in Life. I do expect to continue doing this type of work in the name of "solving each others problems" and I'm hoping that I can acquire a scholarship to learn how to facilitate Soul Collage workshops in order to continue helping others...

I also hope to do some collaborative work with other artists - I'm not sure how this will manifest, but I know it is something that I am hoping for in 2011...



What are some ways you can incorporate Collective Work and Responsibility in your life for 2011??

No comments: