Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Missing pieces...

I've lost a piece of meaningful jewelry...

I'm still 'growing bolder' but no longer 'braver' since that earring is now MIA =-(


It's the second piece I've lost this year and practically in the same location (work-related so I won't get into it)...

The first piece to go missing was a pair of silver wings on a beautiful necklace made by this lovely lady just for readers of Kelly Rae Roberts blog. I managed to get a necklace and of course, I wore it to the retreat!

But this summer, the wings went missing and I was beside myself...luckily, I was able to purchase a replacement pair but I've held back on putting them together with the rest of the necklace...

As for the missing earring, I know I can remake it artfully, as I did for a different earring whose mate went missing (strangely during December just like this time!) and I will then have a lovely, mis-matched, renovated pair of earrings when I'm done (and I'll be sure to share them here), but there's something about losing these "meaningful pieces" in my work environment that gets to me...

Needless to say, the irony/symbolism of these occurrences is not entirely lost on me!

I also know that I do have BRAVERY, as well as CREATIVITY and STRENGTH within me and an earring is not necessary to having those strengths of character, but having the reminder was helpful in the workplace from time to time...it also makes me think it may be time for some new pieces of 'talisman' jewelry for 2011 to help me get through difficult days at the office...

***   ***   ***

Do you have a special piece of jewelry or a talisman that you wear as a reminder to yourself of your strength/courage/creativity?? What is that piece of jewelry and what STRENGTH does it represent to you?

11 comments:

Louise Gale said...

Oh no! I hate misplacing precious things like this, so disheartening. I have a pair of star earrings that i wear almost everyday. I'm lost without them to be honest so I guess they are my rock in terms of jewelry that gives me strength. :-) Hope your lost items appear soon. xx

Kathryn Hansen said...

yup...i have a few. a charm by Nina Bagley that i had her type "fly" on. I purchased it when i took the Kelly Rae e-course in June...to always remind me to spread my wings. And i have a few pieces of jewelry that were my moms that makes me feel closer to her.

Cathy {tinniegirl} said...

I have lost really important jewelery a couple of times. All my rings once at a rock concert when I put them on a necklace for safe keeping and lost the lot, and then another ring earlier this year. It is so hard when it happens. I feel such a sense of loss.

At the moment I have two pairs of earings that I wear all the time to remind me of where I'm heading on my journey, the ones you made me and a pair that Kat gave me. They are both really special to me.

Gwynnie B said...

Oh sistah, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss! Jewelery is so personal and such a part of us that it's always difficult when a special piece is lost.

I've often thought how the pieces I've lost over the years maybe needed to move on. Just like any relationship that grows and changes. It's so easy to put a lot of significance onto an object, that when it disappears we're devastated (spoken with experience!). Heartbreak is heartbreak no matter the object of desire.

danielle said...

I really hope you find them dear girl. My Mom always asks St-Antoine to help out in this matter. I'm not a practicing catholic but I do ask for his assistance when I lose something and I find it EVERY time! I know it's weird and maybe a little wrong because I am just using his "expertise"...but it can't hurt... Ask St-Antoine for some help. Let me know if you find them... Hoping you find your very special treasures... xox

humel said...

Oh hun, I'm sorry xx

I don't have any pieces that have quite the same meaning to me, to be honest - I have lots of gorgeous jewellery though that's special because it's beautiful, or because it was handmade, or because it was a gift - and often all three!

Art and Clasp - Averil Schiff said...

Oh how frustrating! I hate losing earrings. I don't understand how things can be lost, they have to be somewhere! I have held onto single earrings for years hoping that their mate will turn up. I like that you will make a new one for it though.

When I was in L.A., I would wear my New Zealand greenstone pendant when I needed to feel grounded. Now I'm back here though it doesn't feel as necessary. Like you, maybe it's time for a new talisman for the new year.

Kerri said...

i JUST bought a really cool hand made piece that said, "she will do incredible things" and have never even had a chance to wear it. i won't say it's lost, just that at this point, i can't find it. anyway. it would be INCREDIBLE if i could find it, and maybe i would be too!

slommler said...

I used to have some very wonderful pieces that were made specifically for me by family and one night...someone broke into our house...around this time of year...and took all of our jewelry!
I am just now becoming comfortable with obtaining new pieces and this happened several years ago.
It really hurts to lose these precious items. I know they are things...but....sigh!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Karen Wallace said...

Thanks for your kind words on my blog. The exercise was to demonstrate how when we look at something, after we have changed our perceptive, the 'something' will also have changed. Not necessarily more positive or negative, just different. The re-frame is just that, we 'see' differently. Thanks for playing! I find it hard to loose jewelry, but I often do. My amber pieces make me feel strong. Hugs Karen

Beth Nicholls said...

OH no, hope you find it. But like you said, you don't need it to be brave, you can be brave anywayXx