Friday, November 12, 2010

What I'm up to...

It's been a hectic week for me but I'm trying to keep up with Art Every Day Month! Here is what I've been up to this past week:
***   ***   ***
I gave you a sneak peek to my Stitched Postcard Swap project and here it is again...

Incorporating the theme of HOME in the composition in more ways than one...

And here is a little more progress on it...

A little stitching is added since it IS a stitched postcard swap ;)
This close up is a bit blurry, but you can make out the details just the same...

I'm not sure I should post the final image since it has yet to be sent off, so I may wait for the final reveal next week. In the meantime, here is something else I've been working on...


I've been searching through my stash of old hardback books to find just the right covers to create a special journal for the Journal Your Dreams Workshop but I didn't have anything that was calling to me so I went to a favorite used book store knowing they would have lots of old hardbacks and I wasn't disappointed. Under the paper cover of this book about salmon fishing was a lovely color that I think will make a lovely base for book covers...


I brought it home with me for the low price of $2!! I then proceeded to remove the pages...

The color in this image is lot more accurate than the previous photos - it feels like a 'dreamy' color to work with

So far, I've removed the pages but kept the spine intact - I'm not sure if it will stay that way or if I'll cut it in two, but I'm leaning toward cutting it in two...

an empty book, but not for long!

As you can see, never a dull day in the Creative Play-Space!!

***   ***   ***
My birthday is next week as well as the birthday of a good friend, Artful Journey Sister and Scorpio Soul Sistah, Gwynnie of Gwynnie B Designs. We are meeting up in Santa Barbara tomorrow to begin our week long celebrations and I can't wait to see her! We'll be visiting the Santa Barbara Museum of Art, which neither of us have seen, so it's going to be an adventure...I am really looking forward to this day of friendship and art =-)


What projects or adventures are you indulging in this weekend? I'd love to hear about them!

 

5 comments:

dandelionlady said...

I'm really interested to see what you do with your book cover. I have a bunch of old books that I've been trying to figure out something to do with.

Leah said...

love the stitching!

Beth Nicholls said...

You've been busy! I'm going to start working on Christmas decorations... Thank you for sharing about your blog name in response to my post!
BethXx

Kerri said...

i love the 1/2 priced books right by my house- i've done some book altering myself and love it!! can't wait to see what yours becomes.

happy early bday!! have a great week!

Gina said...

Have fun in Santa Barbara! I have lived in San Diego for almost four years and have yet to make it to SB. It is on my to-do list :).

Have a wonderful birthday!!