Monday, November 15, 2010

Weekend Adventure in Santa Barbara

Hello everyone! Thanks for your wonderful comments on my last post and for your well wishes on my trip to Santa Barbara - it was a fun adventure!!
***   ***   ***

It's been a while since I've taken a road trip on my own...since the Artful Journey Retreat actually! It was fun to drive to Santa Barbara and meet up with Scorpio Soul Sistah and amazing jewelry artist, Gwynnie B. We went to the Santa Barbara Museum of Art since neither of us had been there before and here is a little sampling of what we saw there...

Marc Chagall...

John Singer Sargent...

This sculpture by Jean-Baptiste Carpeaux titled "The Spirit of the Dance" - I was captivated by this piece!
It's a little blurry but I love Vincent Van Gogh and I hadn't seen this painting before....

Amazing Asian Art and statues...
These figures were nearly life sized and VERY impressive...
...very impressive also was the fact that these nearly life sized sculptures were carved from wood, a favorite material of mine...

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch of Indian food, saw beautiful works of art and photography and spent a some time in a favorite store, Anthropologie. It was a great way to kick off our birthday celebrations! And we will certainly be planning another meet-up for the future...

This week is going to be a full one and I'm excited about my birthday and turning 45 - it's been quite a year since last year and filled with amazing experiences I had not anticipated. To celebrate these achievements with you all, I'll be offering a little discount on ordering The Basics Affirmation Cards from my etsy shop, so stay tuned for the details on that...

Thank you all so much for reading my blog and for following along my journey, which is really a journey for us all as we reveal the amazing artists that we are to the world at large!

5 comments:

Gwynnie B said...

Fabulous photos of a fabulous day! Can't wait for our next road trip of fun and frivolity :)

Have a wonderful birthday week full of wishes and kisses, dahling!!!

Karen Wallace said...

Thanks so much for dropping by. I love your blog and happy almost birthday! Hugs Karen

Kathryn Hansen said...

what a fun road trip. and they actually let you talk photos in the museum...interesting!!

get stuff done said...

Hey Creative Beast! Just popping over to say hello via Journalling your Dreams Flickr group. Love the variety in the art you saw and I have to say I love Anthropologie too

Louise Gale said...

Hey sweetie, i just popped over to say hi to Gwynnie too, so glad you guys had a fabulous time. The art museum looks wonderful, what a great way to spend the weekend xxx