Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Roses...

My dear boyfriend was kind enough to buy me some lovely roses at the Farmers Market over the weekend. I took home a small bouquet of pink buds, cut the stems before putting them in water, then promptly went out for the evening and stayed with him at his place!

When I returned home on Monday night, this is what was waiting for me...

I love pink roses!

I took the day off on Tuesday to take care of some much needed business and was so happy to have the roses keeping me company for the day!

This particular bloom has me captivated...

I like lots of flowers such as hydrangeas, star gazer lilies, dahlias and peonies, but my favorites are blush pink roses when I can find them =-)


What are some of YOUR favorites flowers?? I'd love to learn about some new varieties if you know of any!

3 comments:

gill said...

I love anything with a fragrance!As I've got older(matured!!) fragrance has become increasingly important so I love sweet peas,roses,lilies,lily of the valley etc
Gill

Louise Gale said...

So funny i asked the same question last week - must be something floral in the air. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your roses, how gorgeous they are and such a lovely shade of pink. You have a fab boyfriend. :-) I love all sorts of flowers, at the moment poppys! then peonies i adore, then pink lillies. gerber oh and blue starflowers and of course to be in a field of sunflowers is the most gorgeous thing EVER. But every gal loves to get a gorgeous bunch of red or pink roses. :-) xxx

Gwynnie B said...

How stunningly beautiful are these roses! And given with love makes them even more special. Doug did good!

And of course, we have the same taste in flowers. I love all flowers but these are the ones I go to all the time or have planted in my garden (or my neighbors where I "borrow" them!).

Beautiful day to you, dahling :)