Friday, November 26, 2010

My No Clothes Challenge Ends TODAY!

It's official!

My No Clothes Challenge ends TODAY!

I did it - 365 days of going without any new or used clothes, hats, handbags and shoes...YAY!!

As of today, I can run out and buy clothes, hats, handbags or shoes of any kind if I want!!
Oh, wait...

Actually, I can't because I no longer have any money for that due to the pay-cut from my job...

...but that didn't stop me from starting to keep my eyes open for a few new items ;)
***   ***   ***

I feel ready for a bit of a newer look - maybe it's because I've turned 45 and I want a few new clothes to reflect the new things that have happened in my life since last year...though I will be honest and say that seeing those women at last week's brunch did put some ideas of looking a bit more fabulous into my head!

I've felt this way before and I now realize that I may be feeling this way again because my work life is really lacking in some of the things that make this Creative Beast sing a happy tune - primarily, interaction with FUN PEOPLE!

No wonder the words FUN and CREATIVE keep coming up in my vision boards for a new job/opportunity!

 
I'm looking for some happy artistic people to be around...


 
Yep, CREATIVE and FUN is the recurring theme around here...

There's an old saying: 

"Dress for the job you want, not the job you have"

If I begin to dress in a more fun, creative and colorful style, will that bring some fun, creative and colorful opportunities my way with some fun, creative and colorful people for company??

I'll let you know as I begin to search out some great new items to begin a fun and colorful look for the upcoming year...though, I can say I already have a few items that can be used for this new look - HATS:

A cocktail hat I designed and made to show my Celtic spirit...
can you believe this hat is made of PAPER?!? This colorful favorite was found at The Gap...
a fun, pink pouf I knitted with chunky yarn...
I love burgundy and this hat and hand bag are favorites for Fall and Winter...


Do you use clothing to give yourself a lift of the spirits? Do you have any favorite items that bring some fun and joy to your day when you wear them? I'd love to know what they are!

6 comments:

littlemisspip said...

Many many congratulations on completing the challenge. It takes a very strong willed person to do something like that. Well done!

Also - love all those hats!

Louise Gale said...

LOVE all your hats and congrats on the challenge, that is fabulous! Hey come post your visionboards in my flickr group here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/bigdreamssmallwondersopengroup/

I love to wear scarves to brighten up my outfits...i have a few sparkly ones too. xxx

Posie Patchwork said...

Well done, to resist all those dress sales, you've done well!! Great advice on the dressing for a job, here here. Love Posie

Beth Nicholls said...

Oh my goodness, a whole year! Well done you! I wonder how much money you have saved? That cocktail hat is simply gorgeous by the way
BethXx

Tay Talk said...

365 days of going without any new or used clothes, hats, handbags and shoes??? OH WOW! You get one big *High Five* for completing that challenge. My husband would love if I could do that :) Sadly I just don't think I could.

Gwynnie B said...

I'm in such awe that you did this challenge! Way to go, sistah!!

And hats? I adore hats and wear them often. You look fab in yours so wear them more often!

I'm so sorry to hear about the paycut, but I know with your zingy brain and creative ways you'll be doing exactly what you need to do sooner than you think.

Keep rockin' and wearing cool hats, dahling :)