Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dreaming of Opportunities...and some Gratitude

In a previous post I mentioned that many of the amazing things that have occurred in the past year were not things I ever dreamed of but opportunities I acted upon, which leads me to think that perhaps I should abandon the 'dream' of finding a better 'job' and focus instead on seeing the opportunities when they arise...

When I posed the question on preferring dreams or opportunities, Kathryn left a  great response:
"dreams to me, are just longings, yearning for something to happen...opportunities seem more action based, making solid plans and goals to achieve what we truly want for ourselves. I think we all need a bit of both"
YES!! It reminds me of a quote I once saw and try to keep in mind often:

Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity

Those opportunities from last year were not planned for or dreamed of, but I was prepared enough to recognize the opportunities when they came my way and prepared enough to be able to create and act on them...

a mash-up of vision board/journal page for November...

I've been playing with some of the techniques presented in the Journal Your Dreams workshop that took place last week and created a vision board/journal page to represent my dreams of more opportunities to come my way -  just barely in time for making the Full Moon Vision Board time-line...

"possibilities are blooming"...

These new techniques have been great fun to play with and I'm getting more comfortable with the concept of 'journaling', as I move forward with these new techniques and I realize that it's okay to work in 'metaphors'...

metaphorical money = financial abundance that will come with OPPORTUNITIES...

I used to have play money to use but I couldn't find it in my home so I decided to create a "money metaphor" image for my page/board - I like how it turned out!!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the United States and I'm lucky to have a long holiday weekend. Unfortunately, I may not have much access to a computer so things may be a bit quiet here until next week. In the meantime, here is bit of what I'm thankful for:

 an "attitude of gratitude" to the Universe for providing future OPPORTUNITIES that will bring FINANCIAL ABUNDANCE =-)

I'm grateful for my friends, blogging and otherwise, near and far...
I'm grateful for my dear boyfriend...
I'm grateful to have an amazing Life Coach in my life...
I'm grateful to have the ability to create with my hands and to see the fruits of my labor...
I'm grateful to have a roof over my head and food to eat...



Do you have anything you're grateful for today? Is there someone you're grateful to have in your life? Why not tell them? You can have your own Attitude of Gratitude Day! =-)


No comments: