Monday, October 18, 2010

Thrift Shop Finds...

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your wonderful comments on my recycled t-shirt skirt! I will have to take a tip from Louise and find a way to get a picture of myself wearing my skirt and TWIRLING!! I do love to twirl, but what girl doesn't??!?! ;)

Also, thank you all for your excitement about my next journey into becoming a SoulCollage facilitator - I'll be sure to keep you posted as things develop...

Today, I thought I'd share some of my thrift shop finds from the weekend...

***   ***   ***

As I mentioned on Saturday, I was out with an old co-worker to search for costumes for her children and we stopped at one of my favorite thrift shops, American Way Thrift Store. There is a LOT at this shop and I always find something in the housewares section that I can use for my creative play-space and I found a few items to bring back for home decor and a few accessories...

vintage neck scarf

The very first thing I found was this cute little neck scarf. I love the turquoise and orange mixed together on it and I've been getting into the combination of orange and turquoise together. I can't wait to wear it! Here's what I found looking through the housewares section...

pink floral bowl and small glass sherbet dish

I'm always looking for container items to use in my creative play-space that will fit the theme of "Sweets Shop" that I'm hoping to create. I found this bowl with pink flowers that will go with the pink color scheme I'm using and this darling little glass "sherbet dish" to use as a catch-all for tiny objects...

I had gone through the check out with these items while my friend went in search of a bathroom for her daughter and when we walked up the block to search for other shops for costume items, I saw this beauty in the window of the thrift store that I had missed during my quick scan...

tea or coffee carafe server and warmer

I once knew somebody who had used a carafe such as this as an aromatherapy tool by heating hot water with a candle beneath it and adding a few drops of essential oil in the water so it would fill the room with the fragrance. I thought it was a beautiful way to fill one's home with fragrance! My dear boyfriend suggested that I use teas since this is what the item is generally used for...I may try that once I find the correct instructions for using this beautiful item - it will certainly serve two purposes that way!

When I was making my second purchase, I forgot that everything was 30% off in the store and needed to find one other item to make up the $10 minimum I need to use a card for the purchase since I didn't have that much cash on hand. Luckily, there was something I found that helped...sunglasses!

The new sunglasses look great with the new scarf!

I had recently broken a pair of brown tinted sunglasses and when I found these, I was so happy to have found a replacement pair, not to mention finding such a beautiful carafe to use in my home.

I also discovered a great new clothing shop that I'm looking forward to visiting when my No Clothes Challenge is finished - I have missed buying clothes, whether new or used. However, I did get my dear boyfriend to come out and buy me a fun hoodie that I'll share later - I figured it would be okay for other people to buy me clothes during my challenge! ;)

***   ***   ***
The weather today is a bit drab and wet but it will keep me indoors working on a project I've had in the works for awhile and I'm also getting ready to host a giveaway this week, starting on Wednesday so stay tuned!

I hope you're having a great Monday!

3 comments:

humel said...

You twirl, girl! ;-)

Great finds, well done you xx

chrissy said...

fun timing...i love the orange and turquoise scarf...i also am LOVING your t.shirt skirt below...today i was at the thrift store and bought an old leather jacket for $10...i was soooo happy. i am on the lookout for a pair of 7.5 vintage cowboy boots if you ever spot some.
ha.
xo

The Creative Beast said...

Thank you ladies!

CHRISSY: you are SO adorable!! Will you be posting any pictures of the jacket?? =-)