Hello everyone! I realized that I had forgotten a few details for the Sewing Themed Giveaway I'm having this week so here we go...
- The giveaway is open to ALL blog readers, near and far!
- Please submit your comment by Sunday, October 24 by 5pm Pacific Standard Time
- I will draw a winner at random and the winner will be announced on Monday October 25
- Remember to leave a comment about one of your family ancestors that you feel a kinship with, one that has bequeathed a special gift to you that you cherish
Sewing Themed Giveaway with items from three generations of seamstresses =-)
In the meantime, let me share a few memories of my very first giveaway...
Last year, I held my first giveaway during Blogtoberfest and I have learned a LOT since that first giveaway. I stated that it was open to anyone near or far and I thought it would be pretty cool to have to send the package to someplace as exotic as Bora Bora*! I still think it would be pretty cool...
I did not have many pictures of the actual giveaway items and I realize now that having as many images as possible is a big help to readers. This year, I spent some time doing "photo shoots" of the giveaways I've got planned for next week and into November, so stay tuned for those!
Now, I have to take moment to thank a very special and patient blog reader, who is also a blog buddy, Mel of "I Speak Melsh". She was the very first giveaway winner and it took awhile for me to send off the giveaway goodies since I wanted to make up a special bag for them and then it took awhile to get enough funds to send it off**!! She was wonderfully patient about it all and I thank her for that. Thank you Mel - you're AWESOME!!
That's it for today's post! I'm looking forward to seeing more comments - it's so fascinating to see the history of families and the common thread in them, isn't it??!?! You should all be proud of your family legacies!
Have a great and creative Thursday!
* - someone from Bora Bora could be reading my blog, you never know ;)
** - there were quite a few goodies in the giveaway that added up in terms of weight!