Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up...

My! What a weekend I've had...here's a re-cap with some images...


A fun field trip...

...to Paper Source located in Pasadena. All I can say about it is:

WOW! I've just GOT to go back for more!

I did not get any pictures of the store because I thought there would be some on their website but not the kind of pictures I thought. I'll see if I can snap a few shots the next time I go to Paper Source...


A great fund raiser...

...for City Hearts, the organization I donated some art work to recently. The fundraiser is hosted by Malibu Family Wines and held at Saddle Rock Ranch in Malibu, which is a beautiful location. Here are a few highlights:

The 'saddle' rock the ranch is named for looms over the event...

Here is the special art auction I donated my art work for...

...and the booth of all the artists - so much amazing work and touching stories!!

I was so happy to see my work right next to this fabulous dress form! Fashion is never far from me ;)

It's just not a ranch without a few horses...

...and there are other animals like this llama that was lounging in the parking lot!

The children get to stomp grapes to celebrate the history of the winery and how it's made and is a great hit!



Finishing a project - finally!! 

I finished a project this weekend and I'm sure it may look familiar...

I finished hand-sewing the bloom I made for the last Creative Color Challenge onto a small tote bag I stitched up just for this bloom...

...it was a bit tricky at times and I'll share some of those challenges soon =-)

***   ***   ***

I'd like to thank you all for the comments you left on my last post. It's good to know that I'm not the only one who struggles with the Beast of Jealousy from time to time. I especially appreciated (and honor!) the mothers who wrote about issues that come up with their daughters. I can remember aspects of my relationship with my mother that sometimes still occur today and I'll be writing about that eventually because I believe it does have an impact on my life as an Artist...

Thanks for reading and I hope you have a fabulous day of Creativity!!

4 comments:

humel said...

Fabulous pics - sounds like a fabulous time :-) Thanks for sharing xx

PS Love the bag! xx

danielle said...

So glad to see you enjoying the sights... It's lovely of you to have contributed some artwork to the auction. You are a kind-hearted soul Monica. Keep creating! xo

Louise Gale said...

Ooh looks like you had lots of fun at the fair AND woohoo adore that bloom on your bag from the challenge, so fab to see it finished and blooming so lovely on there. Hope all is great with you. xxx

chrissy said...

you surround yourself with wonderfulness my friend.
loves to you.