Thursday, July 15, 2010

More mail!

YIPPEE! I got more mail last week! I nearly forgot that one of my cool co-workers put me on the list to receive a letter/postcard from one of his friends who is one of the artists involved in "The One Hundred Postcard Project" and this is what I received last week...




this image is striking and 'hypnotizing', as the photographer herself states...

It is a striking photograph of the Los Angeles sky, since the writer lives here in Los Angeles as I do. She occasionally takes photos while stuck in traffic, which I've occasionally done too!


Yes, traffic can get so slow you have time to take photographs from your car =-(


The colors of this image are part of my favorite color palette to work with: sepia tones, aged paper and aged gold which are featured in my dining room art piece that I wrote about last year. I thought I'd play with this photograph I received and see how it might fit into my artwork and took some snapshots to send back...



my snapshots of the photo finding a home in my artwork...


 I think The One Hundred Postcard Project is a great creative project and I really admire anyone that is using snail mail to make or keep connections going. Check out the site and watch their progress as they attempt to send 100 postcards or letters in 100 days. This project is continuing through August 29, 2010 so if you'd like to receive a postcard or letter you still have time to sign-up!

This project reminds me that I need to send a few items through the mail myself soon!


Do you like to send postcards or letters through the mail? What is the best card or letter you received in the mail? I'd love to hear about it!


5 comments:

phonelady said...

wow that is some awesome mail . I love it .

stephey said...

This is awesome! Truly amazing and inspiring! thanks for sharing

humel said...

Wow indeed :-) I *love* receiving mail - I get excited whenever I hear the postman! (Often it turns out to be bills and junk mail, but hey....)

When The Doctor and I met we were at university and our homes were in different parts of the country. Email was new then and home access to internet was rare, so we wrote to each other throughout each holiday. We still have those letters. They are so special to us :-)

Lauren said...

Hey Monica! i've just realised the post card you made was received by my sister! I have just done a post about it because she doesn't have a blog...she loved it by the way it's sitting pretty on her fridge!

Kerri said...

first of all, i LOVE getting good mail in the mail! what a beautiful postcard.

i have a friend who sends me sweet notes in the mail- he cuts out funny pictures in magazine. everytime i get them, they make my day.

oh...snail mail! i love it and it's just not used to much today-