One year ago today I wrote my first blog post and so much has happened since that first post:
- I continued learning from my favorite book making instructor
- I registered and attended the Artful Journey Retreat, which was my first art retreat EVER and I met amazing artists!
- I participated in Tinniegirls Blogtoberfest and I met amazing bloggers!
- I'm doing a "No Clothes Challenge" inspired by Magpie Girl's "A Year Without Clothes" and I've learned I have a LOT of clothes!
- I submitted art for a Patti Digh publication and was accepted for publication (due in September!)
- I submitted artwork for exhibit and was accepted for exhibit
- I opened an etsy shop (currently closed for the summer)
- I submitted more work for another Patti Digh publication...
you can find this drawing in Patti Digh's upcoming book: "Creative is a Verb", due November 2010
...and I just learned today that it too was accepted and will be published in November this year! YAY!!
...and there is still so much more to come:
- I'm in process of making my creative play-space a beautiful room to play and create in
- I'll be participating in Louise Gales Color Challenge for August (I'll have a badge link soon!)
- I'm working on getting to the next Artful Journey Retreat so I can learn from Nina Bagley
- I've signed on to create art for a great non-profit, City Hearts for their upcoming fundraiser, which I helped with last year
- I'm nearly done with my first sewing tutorial
- my dear boyfriend has ideas for prettying up my blog
- I'm planning on participating in some art-book e-courses and The Sketchbook Project...
...and I've got lots of ideas I plan to share in the year to come!
I mentioned in my last post that I would have a giveaway and so we shall...
Just leave a comment on what you think is YOUR number one greatest achievement this year so far AND one thing you really want to accomplish in the next year to come. The winner will be chosen at random on Saturday August 7 and announced on Monday August 9. The winner will get to choose from one of the following "Tools of the Trade" groups:
* - Knitting Tools: knitting needles that belonged to my grandmother and some yarn and a knitting book from my personal stash and library
* - Collage Tools: rubber stamps, scrapbook papers and vintage photos from my stash
* - Sewing Tools: one or two quarter bundles of cotton fabrics and one beautiful vintage thimble all from my grandmother's stash
...and I'll make a special bag to hold other various bits and bobs that will be tucked in your gift as well =-)
vintage fabric ready to be made into a bag that will "journey" to a winner...
The giveaway is open to all, near or far! It's open to newbies reading this blog and I think I have some items that will tempt even those who have won in the past to join in the fun again...and those who have participated in past giveaways can attest that a giveaway package is worth waiting for...in case it takes me awhile to get to the post office!
And to get you going here is my #1 accomplishment this year, so far:
My art exhibit entry "Currency of Strength" is an accomplishment I will always cherish. I will return to tell the rest of the tale and share images of the actual artwork soon, I PROMISE...
And here's what I hope to accomplish in the year to come before my next blogiversary:
I'm planning some posts about "Legacies" and "Lineage" that I really hope you will enjoy...and maybe figure out a way to 'teach' a class, online or off...
*** *** ***
Thank you all for stopping by to read my blog and for being a part of this amazing journey. I hope your journey is just as amazing today AND tomorrow!