Monday, June 28, 2010

Running out of TIME...

YIKES! I'm still working on my postcard for The Great Big Stitched Post Card Swap! But it's coming together...

I began work on it late last week since I've been embroiled in the big project of clearing/cleaning my creative play-space and my regular collage table has been covered in clutter but I managed to get started with a painted background and a rubber stamp image. I worked with some colors I don't normally use and have come up with an interesting color palette that I've grown to like as I've worked on this postcard...


using my awl to pre-punch holes to make the hand-stitching go quickly and smoothly...

I then inked the edges and had to wait nearly ALL weekend before I could handle the postcard without getting the inked edges all over me! Now that it's dried I could add the hand-stitching around the edge to create a border...

hand stitching on the postcard with a few loose ends...on purpose!

Now, all that is left is to add a quote about time and stitches which I will turn into a crazy 'math' problem and then the postcard will be ready for mailing to my swap partner*...

the back of the postcard with my own specially made rubber stamp for postcards - the dividing line reads "Mail Art Rules!" three times =-)


Can you guess what quote I'm using for this postcard?? =-)




* -  If my swap partner is reading this blog post: i apologize for sending the postcard late! i'll e-mail you when it's been sent which will be TOMORROW! =-)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Well I am glad you are still working on yours and I don't feel so bad now that I only posted yours yesterday! :) Hope it gets there safely and you enjoy! xx

humel said...

It looks fab, Hun! :-) Can't wait to see the finished card xx

beth said...

Hi Monica

Love it that you shared your preparation stages! Can't wait to see the final postcard...

Big hug to you
BethXx