Friday, June 25, 2010

less messy...

Things are still a bit messy for me but it's getting cleaned up...

here is my cluttered work table in my Creative Play-Space on the first day I began renovations with a friend who is helping me redesign my space...

 ...and here is the table since last night - you can actually SEE much of the table top now!

Thank you all SO MUCH for your wonderful responses to my show idea!! I thought it was a GREAT idea but I will not be acting on it at this time and here are some reasons why:

  • I only heard about the contest less than two weeks ago and when I looked into the application process, it really felt like a daunting task to attempt to make a polished "audition video" in such a short time - the deadline is TOMORROW (June 26) for submitting videos; voting continues  until July 3...
  • Looking over the 16 PAGE application form, I wasn't comfortable reading that anything I submit to the production company and the network becomes THEIR property, to do with what they choose. As an Artist, I prefer to have some control over my work and I think my idea for a show about creativity is a good one that can eventually find the right home and I think I can start with having a few video blogs here on my own blog direct to YOU!
  • I believe that this network would be a great home for my show idea; in time I will figure out how to pitch it to them and I think having some video blogs will be helpful so they can really "see" what the concept is about...

Now, since it is a part of my Mission "to share and ENCOURAGE creativity with others in a heartfelt and meaningful way" I want to share some of the videos that I have viewed and would love for you to vote on!!

THIS VIDEO is created by a woman who lives in a neighboring city! I do not know her personally* (though she seems like a Kindred Spirit to me!) but I love, love, LOVE what her show stands for: Creativity and Art for Children, with a dose of Environmental Responsibility. She has a lovely spirit (and singing voice - watch the video!) and I believe her show deserves a chance to be on TV...

THIS VIDEO was recently sent to me by an acquaintance and it comes from the East LA Latina playwright who wrote the play which became the movie "Real Women Have Curves"- Josefina Lopez!! I love her idea of not gossiping for one year and when she states in her video:

"...self-esteem pays a price for gossiping...it's the language of the dis-empowered" 

I nearly shouted - YOU  GO CHICA**!! I do not know Josefina Lopez personally but I am approximately one degree of separation away due to the performance art circles I run in! I loved the movie that was made of her original stage play and she is not just a "real woman with curves AND courage", but her work is meaningful and thoughtful and I believe she also deserves a chance to have her show on TV...

THIS VIDEO was sent to me by a woman I DID meet - at a Joann's Craft Store! We struck up a conversation in the notions section about crafts, creativity, recycling/renovating clothing and ecological concerns and she told me about the work she does with Whole Children, Whole Planet. We exchanged contact info and I told her about my blog and helped her decide on some trim she would use to renovate some sweaters. She was a very sweet woman and I love her concepts for health/wellness, conscious parenting, and bringing awareness to ecological sustainability for adults and children...

I urge you to view each video and to vote on them if they truly resonate with you, which I think they will! You can vote once a day for each show and you can leave comments about what you think of the videos.

In the meantime, I will begin to work toward creating some blog videos to share here and some of them might be tutorials! I have begun a massive clean-out of my Creative Play-Space so I can start to really create in that room and share how it looks with you all. Here is a hint of the theme I'm planning for my Creative Play-Space...

mmm, pretty satin ribbons!


Can you guess what the theme of my space might be??


* - I may not know her personally now, but since she lives close by, it may be possible that I can meet her!
** - "Chica" = girl in Spanish

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Monica! I'm Lauren I have made your postcard!...I did try emailing you but it bounced back, anyway I will be postig it on Monday, I couldnt get to the post office to get a special international stamp :( apologises for that. Good luck with your clean up! :) x

humel said...

Some people would be daunted by the application process and give up altogether. You've figured out how to make the idea work for you - good for you :-) Can't wait to see your videos! xx