Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What I've been up to...

It seems like forever since my last post! And though it has been over three weeks, I have not been idle, my friends...here is what I've been up to:

  • I've been making some goods for my soon-to-be etsy shop and with the help of my dear coach an auspicious date was found for a "grand opening". The official "Grand Opening for the Creative Beast Etsy Shop" is scheduled for MAY 27! Be sure to save the date!!
  • I've also been working on making a few pages for my Artful Retreat Chunky Funky Coffee Table book, as well as using the cut pages for a smaller book, both of which will be used as journals in future. I've never really 'journaled' before but my art books are inspiring me!!*
  • Making time to play with my dear boyfriend on the weekends and dress-up at the Renaissance Faire*
  • I've been sending my resume out for jobs, more aggressively since my boss left for her new position; here is one amazing position I sent off for that is quite close to home and, well, just read the description! The work schedule is PERFECT for me at this time as I work on Self-sustaining Self-employment =-)      (and the location is really beautiful!)
  • Since I've been working on shop goods, I came to a halt on this mystery work-in-progress, but I will return to it soon and reveal just what it is, I promise!
  • I've been helping friends by revising their resumes and may just start a very small business in 'Resume Renovation' to bring in some extra funds
  • I'll be meeting with one of the owners of the community space in the neighborhood I work in to discuss the possibility of a gallery show of pictures I've taken in and around the neighborhood; if you'd like to see some of those images, you can see them at my 'test blog'!
  • I've signed up for Kelly Rae Roberts e-course! I can't wait for it to begin!
  • And I completed and submitted another drawing for Patti Digh's next book "Creative is a Verb", the original book I signed up to create artwork for...I'll learn if my drawing is chosen for publication in the month of August...

YAY! I was able to load this pic for viewing!! My recent submission for Patti Digh's next book "Creative is a Verb"...


Many thanks to all my friends and blog readers who have touched base to see how I've been doing! Your support has meant a LOT to me and it keeps me moving forward with my dreams and plans =-) 

***   ***   ***

I've had a little time to peek at some fellow bloggers though I may not have had time to leave comments and that has made me a bit sad, though I know this will pass. When I read Tinniegirl's account of her time since leaving her job and looking for her next gig, it made me nostalgic for the days I worked in costumes and had that kind of time off between workshop jobs. It also makes me eager for the future when I can return to that kind of "time in between"! It really is a magical place to be in...more about that another day!


What are you creating today and what brings magic to your day? I'd love to hear about it!



* - I tried to load pics of me in Faire costume and one of the art book pages I worked on but this crazy computer/internet situation blocked them! Luckily, I was able to load at least one image =-)

6 comments:

Cathy {Tinniegirl} said...

Well you certainly haven't been idle.

I'm definitely saving the date for the big opening.

Love your beautiful new artwork.

Posie Patchwork said...

Wow busy girl, only good things can come of all that work & planning. Me, well 4 children, 3 businesses & a husband away, i've actually been more productive than ever. Love Posie

humel said...

Good for you - I've been thinking of you and wondering how things were going, looks like you've been very busy! All the best with your various ventures xx

Louise Gale said...

Hey you, wondered what fabulous things you'd been up to! Cant wait to see your shop opening, will be there for the virtual ribbon cutting. I finally posted your gorgeous gift you sent me on my blog. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Speak soon sweetie. xxxxx

Gwynnie B Designs said...

Yiphee Skippy, a new post by the fabulous YOU!! Can't wait for the exciting new Etsy opening coming soon to a computer near us :)

Thank you, merci beaucoup and muchas gracias for the sweet note. Your timing is impeccable and it was the boost I needed!

Expect something coming your way soon :)

xXoO
Gwynnie

I Saw You Dancing said...

Wonderful wonderful wonder-full!
I do love that little girl...
Can't wait for the grand Etsy opening, and to celebrate your new job! :-)