Monday, May 17, 2010

Other things I've been up to...

Just a quick post to let you all know it's not "all work and no play" around here! I've been making some time to play with my dear boyfriend, and one place we go to play is the Southern California Renaissance Pleasure Faire...

I've mentioned before that I make costumes but I may not have have mentioned that I make costumes for me to wear at the Faire, so luckily I was able to post this recent image taken just yesterday....


me in my own costumes...

That is me in my Faire regalia! I made the skirts, chemise and bodice. I trimmed the hat and also made up the necklaces I'm wearing...and this is just ONE of several get-ups I have made over the years! I have quite a wardrobe for going to the Faire...

My dear boyfriend also dresses when we go to the Faire, how lucky is that for me?!?!! Unfortunately, he has not been keen to have his picture on my blog so you will not be able to see him in his gear, but if you ever see a bottle of Samuel Adams beer, you might get an idea of what he looks like in his costume!!

***   ***   ***

In other news...

I met with one of the owners of this cultural center to discuss the idea of a gallery show of photographs I've taken in the neighborhood and he was quite enthusiastic with my idea!

Then he pitched an idea to me to work for him!!

I am thinking about it, since it would be part-time starting after my current day job and it would begin in June. He has been made aware that I am launching an on-line shop and looking for a job closer to home, but he can see that I have skills he appreciates, one of them being my artistry! The fact that I have a handle on the community is big plus too, I'm pretty sure...at the very least, it could be some much needed extra funds. And it would be in a lovely environment as you can see at this site. We'll see what happens and I'll be sure to let you know.

As some of my friends have mentioned: Doors are opening =-)


What doors have been opening for you? I'd love to hear about them!

6 comments:

I Saw You Dancing said...

That regalia sure suits you!
This job opportunity sounds marvellous. It mightn't be capital P Perfect but it may open other doors for you down the track... sounds like the perfect stepping stone for greater things!
xx

Cathy {Tinniegirl} said...

Wonderful costume Monica. You are super, super talented.

Very excited to know that doors are opening for you.

humel said...

I've been thinking of you, lovely to see another post from you and hear your news :-) The outfit is stunning, as are you! xx

Exciting news about your doors opening.... I'm currently pushing gnetly on a door which may open to me teaching a craft class once a week next year! I'll let you know if it goes anywhere :-)

Louise Gale said...

Cool costume and fabulous idea pitching my dear and getting offered a job, isnt that old universe just wonderful sometimes. :-)

Gwynnie B Designs said...

You truly are a Renaissance woman, dahling!! You never cease to amaze me with all of your wonderful talents...and yes, many doors will continue to open for you!!

xXoO
Gwynnie

danielle said...

Hi Monica!

So nice to see you again!!! I LOVE the costume! Sewing is NOT easy...never mind making a whole costume that actually fits lol...!

It's good to take chances and ask...So happy the Universe is orchestrating a creative path for you!

Danielle xo