Monday, May 24, 2010

It's coming together...

Hello everyone!
It's been a bit hectic as I work toward the launch of my etsy shop but you may have noticed something new around here...a new banner*!!

Yes, my dear sweet boyfriend has helped me out with creating a nice new banner for my blog and for my etsy shop, which you can view here.

I have been keeping in mind the great advice given to me by my Artful Journey classmate, Mindy: "Just start with three things...", so I am trying to pace myself and not "burnout". There will be a few items to begin with, though I have been working on many items, and I will add more as the weeks pass.

It is quite a learning process, figuring out photo and banner size requirements**, figuring out how to attach my PayPal account to the shop, not to mention how to deal with international shipping, which will be important for my "international readers" in England and Australia! I know I'll continue to "learn as we go", as I like to say, and I hope you'll all be patient as I sort through it all...

I do have to say thank you all SO MUCH for continuing to visit my blog and for the support so many of you have given me in the past few weeks (you know who you are!) - you are all so amazing and generous!

I will leave you with a sort of sneak-peak of what you can expect on Thursday May 27. I made this item for a friend in New York for her birthday and she loved receiving it in the mail:

 Special one-of-a-kind birthday card "Birthday Queen"


I hope you are having an amazing and creative day!



* - I do hope you are able to view the new banner! If not, please leave a comment so we can look into any "technical difficulties" that may occur

** - I don't know what I'd do without my dear boyfriend who happens to do graphic design for websites...what a lucky gal I am! =-)


8 comments:

Louise Gale said...

Hey how exciting! This is a fabulous milestone sweetie and i cant wait to visit your shop when you cut the virtual ribbon and have your grand opening. Mindy is so right.....start off with a few things and they will grow. Enjoy this time, its going to be fabulous xx

beth said...

Congratulations! How exciting. Can't wait to check your shop out. Thanks for the offer of advice re clothes - I was trying to imagine all the fabulous things you must have made in your time and dreaming of where I could wear them...
I love the idea of a postcard swap and am going to do it soon. Hope you'll join in!
Beth

Gwynnie B Designs said...

Fab-u-lous!! Love the new banner and love how you're moving forward. And love the smile in your words as you DO what you were meant to BE...

humel said...

Fabby exciting wow!! So happy for you :-) Love the banner - clever use of words for the blog and shop - and can't wait to see your stock in a couple of days! xx

chrissy said...

loving the new banner.
that boyfriend of yours is one wonderful man isn.t he.
so happy you are continuing on your etsy store.
LOVE the photo below of you in costume!
you rock the sewing machine dear friend.
hugs
c

I Saw You Dancing said...

Gorgeous banner! And lovely looking shop.
Can't wait to get shopping!:-)

danielle said...

Oh Monica! I am SO HAPPY that you have finally launched your ETSY STORE!!! I know how much work it is to get started and the learning curve is steep but it is SO WORTH IT!!!! Congratulations on this wonderful achievement. So proud of you! xoxo

Anonymous said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! Congratulations! Monica I knew you could do it. The shop looks great. You are so lucky have Doug to help you :D