Sunday, March 7, 2010

Artful Journey Chronicles - VII

Show and Tell Night
Talent Exploding!

Because "Pictures paint a thousand words", and there are not enough glowing words to describe the amazing talent that came out of the many classes that took place at this wonderful retreat, I will let the images speak for themselves...

From the class taught by Nina Bagley:
necklace, spoon and elements of a necklace in the making...

"Not all who wander are lost"...stone pendant necklace


I believe this may be have been made in the class taught by Lesley Riley, but don't quote me on that!




Class taught by Albie Smith:
 
a finished journal...

 
...amazing, handmade papers covering two tables...


beautiful, colorful, one of a kind - those words could also describe the talented women who created this amazing paper...

I wondered if these strips of paper would actually be made into a beautiful fan for a hot summer evening...



From the class taught by DJ Pettit...





Holly Carson - Revisited...

Here is a page from the exquisite book created by Holly Carson, whom I mentioned in my first chronicle...



I believe Holly will start making time to make art for herself from now on...


Beth Nicholls

 
 Here is Beth Nicholls with her favorite page from her book; scattered through her book are special notes of love for her own dear boyfriend who writes her a love letter every time she travels afar. Beth has recently taken the leap to start her own blog which you can find here. She is a wonderful writer and I can't wait to see where she goes with her work!


Danielle Fraser

 
The back of Danielle's book has a great imperative:  
"There are no mistakes so get busy and paint!"


Danielle began her own blog not long after she completed the Artful Journey Retreat, not to mention the gallery exhibit she is in for the month of March AND a reading of some her short stories - I can't wait until she starts to sell her work so I can buy some of it!!

 
It was so wonderful to be a part of the retreat and see how so many women really emerged as artists after it was over. So much bravery, so many rewards for taking risks, so much honoring of the female spirit and the creative artistic spirit. I am so fortunate to have been a part of it all...

I do hope Cindy will continue with this wonderful creative event  because I know I will want to be there to watch it all happen again, whether it's one day or three.



And it's a great way to connect with blog buddies!
Cathy (aka Tinniegirl) proudly showing her favorite page from her beautiful book




Thank you, Dear Blog Readers for following my chronicles of the Artful Journey Retreat. I hope you enjoyed reading the stories as much as I loved sharing them. Now it's time to open up the comments for the giveaway for my 100th blog post!


Just leave a comment* on what your favorite story was from the Chronicles, including the 100th post. A winner will be chosen by Monday March 15. I'll be happy to send the giveaway items to any winning reader from overseas - in fact, I fully anticipate a winner from overseas, since it appears many of my readers are from across the pond!


Thank you all so much for visiting my blog and leaving comments. It makes me happy to know that some of you have been inspired by my work or my stories of the amazing women who honor their creativity. Let's honor ourselves and each other in time for International Women's Day!




Oh yes, I'll be sharing my artwork that was accepted to the gallery exhibit with the theme of "Women and Strength" so stay tuned!






* - if you have any difficulty leaving a comment on the blog, please e-mail me at the g-mail address you can find on the side-bar and that will be included for the drawing while I work out any comment snags taking place on my blog - thank you!


6 comments:

I Saw You Dancing said...

I have enjoyed every moment of your artful journey chronicles! It's been delightful to witness your art evolve and your friendships unfold and your faith in your self deepen... and such a treat to glimpse your sweet smiling face too!
But my favourite would have to be your last (100th) post, as there's a sense of arrival and renewal. And I can't wait to see your finished Nina Bagley piece.
All who wander are wise indeed.
xx

danielle said...

Happy International Women's Day Monica! This day is even more special to me now that I found found my creative community, my tribe to celebrate it with...

My favorite post of yours so far has been from March 2nd. The beginning of our three days together creating and spilling open... SO many good memories are in that post!

Enjoy the day! Much love xox

humel said...

Beautiful, beautiful pics of beautiful, beautiful things :-) I'm taking on that 'no mistakes' mantra and going with it for sure! I've so enjoyed the whole story and would find it really hard to pick a fave, but I think the chicks edge it on cuteness and unexpectedness ;-)

chrissy said...

i love that we wrote about this experience at different times. it really brings me back and gives me the boost i need from all the amazing..(you being one of those...) women we were blessed to be with.
loving your "amazing" post too...
you shine.
c

Beth Nicholls said...

So much gorgeous creativity in such a short time. Look forward to hearing all about your gallery exhibit - how exciting!!
Beth

rachel awes said...

i found you via chrissy's blog...i just love all these sumptious art pieces you are sharing here!! my fav's are the necklace not all who wander are lost & also the one about trunk, leaf...
best life greens leafing to YOU!