Sunday, March 7, 2010

Artful Journey Chronicles - VI

The Last Day - Morning
Wandering the Grounds...

The last day of classes I awoke a little earlier than usual for me and since I had some time before breakfast, I took time to get a few 'snapshots' of the grounds at the serene and lovely Presentation Center...

 
The Pueblo is where I stayed and our class took place in this building. The community room was in this building and a courtyard...

 
Mati hosted the spray paint techniques in one area of the courtyard but this is a quiet corner of the courtyard in the Pueblo...

 
This area for prayer was atop a small hill between the Pueblo and the dining hall. I loved the intimacy of this space...

 
...another building on the grounds of the Presentation Center; I loved the look of the faded red paint. Just beyond this building around the stone wall was this...

...a lovely religious statue in a large scale 'altar'...


 
...tree blossoms on the grounds...spring was beginning to bloom...

The last day of class was about assembling our Funky Chunky Coffee Table books and taking pictures of classmates and new friends. Here is a picture of me with Cathy and Chrissy - it was so great to finally meet them in person and work alongside them as we created our books...
 
Cathy (aka Tinniegirl), me (aka The Creative Beast) and Chrissy of "cul*ti*vate" - 3 fabulous artists!

It was quiet hectic for all the classes as we all completed our projects for what would be "Show and Tell" in the evening, which would take place after dinner. Dinner hour came around and I left the classroom with a finished book and small pieces of one of my pages that would be shared and exchanged with fellow classmates as a token to remember each other by...

When I finally ran to the dining hall for dinner, this is what I saw...


A dining hall brightly lit, filled with fellow artists, camaraderie and friendships I would always cherish and remember. Definitely great reasons to come in out of the cold and into the warmth of fabulous women!


The last installment of the Artful Journey Chronicles coming soon: Show and Tell Night...stay tuned!

1 comment:

humel said...

That last shot is so warm and welcoming :-)