I've had a few requests from some blog readers who are curious to know what my dear boyfriend Doug looks like. He is not keen at this time to have an actual picture of himself posted on my blog but I'm pretty sure he will be okay with me sharing this image he created of the both of us as "South Park" characters...as you can see he has a great sense of humor, which is one of the things I love about him! And since today is Valentine's Day, I thought I'd list the many wonderful things I love about my dear boyfriend, Doug:
- He has a great sense of humor and playfulness - I LOVE that about him!
- He enjoys going to the local Renaissance Faire AND he dresses in costume along with me!!
- He likes to make stuff - he is currently helping me figure out a way to carry a old toolbox that belonged to my grandmother so I can fill it with tools and supplies for the Artful Journey Retreat next week
- He introduced me to SUSHI, which I love
- He loves to cook - he's always happy to make my favorite dish of pesto-covered salmon with roasted pine nuts - YUM!!
- He is always offering to help me financially, since I don't make a lot of money
- He gives great back-rubs and foot massages
- He gives great bear hugs!
- He puts up with my bad moods (thank you honey!!)
- He helps me figure out technical difficulties with the computer
- He helps me problem-solve by finding information if he doesn't know the answer
- He buys me gifts that are technologically-oriented, since that is his thing, and I could never afford them, such as my wonderful Nikon CoolPix in RED, which I use nearly everyday and has been one of my 'best friends' next to him
- He thinks my starting this blog has been a great thing for me =-)
- He is VERY supportive of my creative endeavors
- He likes to travel and he usually takes me along for the ride
- He gives wonderful kisses
- He is very politically informed and loves to discuss politics with me (it makes me swoon!)
- He knows I'm a 'feminist' and respects that about me
- He likes my friends!
- He likes my mom!!
- He loves the outdoors
- He is ALWAYS kind
but best of all...
he loves me, warts and all =-)
and I love him, warts and all =-)
Happy Valentine's Day to the best boyfriend and partner a gal could have!
OX <3 <3 <3 OX
I'd love to hear some "love notes" about your loved ones, whether they are a good friend, family member, significant other or furry four-footed friend in your life - please share!