Monday, February 1, 2010

Look What I've Got!

I've been shopping for the Artful Journey Art Retreat! Here are some of the new toys I'll be playing with when I get there...(and sharing with my class mates!):



Tim Holtz Distress Inks and lots and lots of scrap-booking paper! I bought TWO pads of lovely papers knowing I could share with my classmates since I'm not sure I can use so much paper by myself, though it's all beautiful. I bought two pads of the walnut stain ink and one of them is for Cathy to use and take home when the class is over...


I haven't used this stamp ink before but I do a fair amount of rubber stamping so when I saw the "Fired Brick" and "Antique Linen", I knew I'd have to bring those along for the ride - I can't wait to see what they look like on paper!

Lucky for me, this fun scrap-book storage container was on sale and the shop had it in a happy shade of pink! YAY! Goodness, I'm SO excited about this retreat, I might bust my britches before I get there!


*** *** ***

In other news:

  • I submitted my artwork for Patti Digh's side book project this weekend!! With much help from my dear boyfriend, of course! More details will follow soon...
  • I'm nearly finished with the apron for my art retreat swap partner...
  • I've been cleaning old toolboxes to use at the art retreat, one of which belonged to my grandmother...
  • I'll be working on yet more artwork this week for possible submission to this art show...
  • I'm nearing my 100th blog post!! I'll do something to mark the occasion so stay tuned!




Goodness! I've got lots to do this week...I'd better hop to it!!

8 comments:

chrissy said...

this makes me excited.
i love the inks...kelly taught me to rub them all over my work...it's a little intimidating, but liberating too if that makes sense?
you.ll see.
congrats on your submissions.
i am SOOOO proud of you.
can't wait until you share them.
xoxoxo
c

CurlyPops said...

Oooh there's not long to go now, and new craft supplies are so exciting!

humel said...

Ooh, yummy goodies :-) I'm getting all excited on your behalf lol!!

Louise Gale said...

Woohoo! Im going to be at "An Artful Journey" too... cant wait. Which class are you doing? Im with Kelly Rae & Mati. Would you mind sharing where you got the papers from? Sooo excited to meet everyone. :-)

Posie Patchwork said...

Enjoy your new skills & toys, love Posie

I Saw You Dancing said...

OH! Soooooooo exciting!
I love new supplies, new stationery, new notebooks, new books... the colours, the textures, the smells.
And you have the extra special anticipation of using them among all these fun, clever, talented women!
I am so thrilled for you, and can't wait to see what you end up creating together.

Kolleen said...

i am popping over from Chrissy's sweet blog!

i am SOOOOO excited for you girls but have to be completely honest...jealous too!!!

you are going to love Kelly Rae and learn so much from her. I am sure Mati is super great too!

and of course you will simply fall in love with Chrissy...she is one of my dearest friends and such a special, special soul!!

i love your blog and will be back to visit!

xxoo
k
www.heartwingsisters.blogspot.com

anna said...

Your blog makes me smile so I am nominating you for the Sunshine Award! You can find the details on my blog here: girls-go-green.blogspot.com keep up the good work!