Sunday, February 7, 2010

"Falling into a Vortex..."

It would appear that, much like Jo March of Little Women, I have fallen into a vortex - an 'Art-FULL Creativity' vortex!


I'm currently working on an art piece for this gallery exhibit, but it must first be submitted for consideration and I've been honing my concept for this submission, though it is an idea that has long been in my head and my heart. I've been working on it during the evenings this week and will continue working on it next week in order to submit it by the due date. I'm trying to remember to take pictures-in-progress so I can share them with you all!



In the meantime, I am finally able to share (with assistance from my dear and wonderful boyfriend!) the artwork I submitted last week for the current Patti Digh book project. The book is titled "Four Word Self Help" and I was given a 4-word theme to create artwork for and here is my submission:



Drawing by The Creative Beast

The theme I was given was titled:

"Let yourself be beloved"


The theme was a bit of challenge since this is something I do need to work on in my life and not just with my own dear boyfriend! I've been receiving so many wonderful compliments from you all, dear blog readers, not to mention from some of my friends (new and old!) and it's teaching me to really see and accept the finer points of myself that is a bit hard to do. Dear me, why is it so easy to be hard on oneself??


Another challenge was that we were not allowed to use words in the artwork, and no wonder, since the theme is only 4 words long! I have to say THAT was the biggest challenge of all, since I LOVE to use words in my collage. I'm sure for the "Creative is a Verb" book submission, use of text will be allowed.


However, something about being denied use of words/text for artwork made me go in the direction of a drawing instead of collage and it was great to use a set of pencils that I had purchased in December as a treat for myself and break them in, as well as use pencils from my own collection which I began at the age of 13.


I received an e-mail stating that decisions will be made in regard to the artwork that was submitted and I can tell you that it was a LOT! Participants will be notified in approximately 6 weeks, but even if my work is not accepted for the book, it will be on the website for the book for all the world to see and that is something! I'll keep you all posted =-)





In the meantime, I've stumbled onto some really fun and great music that I've been living and breathing this past week; go HERE to check out the "Upular" remix by DJ Pogo, then HERE to check out his fantastic Harry Potter remix "Alohomora". I think it's some of the most magical music I've heard in a while!

4 comments:

humel said...

Good for you, I think it looks fab :-) Can't wait to see the gallery submission piece pics (that's a tonguetwister lol!)

Pinkie Pirate said...

That looks wonderful, so peaceful and blissful.

Louise Gale said...

This is soooo lovely and cute...colours are very restful too, congrats and excited to hear about the gallery submission too. Sending you lots of positive vibes and not long now to An Artful Journey. WOOHOO

I Saw You Dancing said...

Hallo lovely one!
You must be counting down the minutes and the seconds to your art retreat adventure. I am SO excited for you and can't wait to hear all about it.
DO DO DO enrol in Mondo Beyondo when you can. I think you are exactly the right place to get so much out of it.
Have a fabbo weekend.
Kat xx